N1 Deck Jacket Fit Check

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Chrome tomahawk, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Chrome tomahawk

Chrome tomahawk New in Town

Always wanted one and found one in surplus recently. I know these things are notoriously bulky, but I'm not that used to that so I just wanted to get some feedback. Thinking of washing it in hopes that it gets a tad more snug. Cheers and sorry for the crappy pic^^

btw it's a large and I usually wear a medium, but I got this in Asia and it had some Japanese on the tag, so I think it's more like a medium than a large.

Carlos840, Dav and Boyo like this.
  2. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Looks about right.. it’s a winter coat so some bulk is expected... I don’t think it will shrink much in a wash and depending on the type of “alpaca” lining you may do more harm then good. If you think it’s too big, best to return it now for the smaller size before the wash

Carlos840 and Dr H like this.
  3. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Looks about perfect to me. Any snugger might look tight.

4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

The jacket looks pretty good, it’s just the sleeves that look big to me. You could get them tapered a bit by a tailor. Be careful that you know what’s in the lining before you wash it. You could ruin it.

5. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

I would say the sleeves may look a little bulky but that’s normal for this model and I would leave them that way. The jacket fit is just right in my opinion.
    I would not wash it to shrink it a bit, it’s not a Carhartt Duck.

6. Dr H

Dr H Call Me a Cab

I’d advise that you should leave it alone (including the sleeves), that’s how they fit.
    As has been said, it’s a practical winter jacket, so you will want room for another layer with long sleeves.

7. breezer

breezer Practically Family

I have 2 deck jackets - one is roomy for layering - the other is an RMC N1, which has a pretty trim fit.........either way an N1 always look good.

JustinW and Dav like this.
  8. air

air One of the Regulars

Definitely not too bulky. Any smaller will be too short and impossible to layer without looking like a sausage.

9. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Good fit. Remember these are based on a military pattern designed to fit “good enough” for a wide variety of body shapes.

Cornelius and JustinW like this.
  10. jglf

jglf One of the Regulars

Arms seem a little bulky. I would size down 1 or find a brand with slimmer cut arms.