Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

N1 Deck Jacket Fit Check

Chrome tomahawk

New in Town
Always wanted one and found one in surplus recently. I know these things are notoriously bulky, but I'm not that used to that so I just wanted to get some feedback. Thinking of washing it in hopes that it gets a tad more snug. Cheers and sorry for the crappy pic^^

btw it's a large and I usually wear a medium, but I got this in Asia and it had some Japanese on the tag, so I think it's more like a medium than a large.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Looks about right.. it’s a winter coat so some bulk is expected... I don’t think it will shrink much in a wash and depending on the type of “alpaca” lining you may do more harm then good. If you think it’s too big, best to return it now for the smaller size before the wash

The jacket looks pretty good, it’s just the sleeves that look big to me. You could get them tapered a bit by a tailor. Be careful that you know what’s in the lining before you wash it. You could ruin it.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would say the sleeves may look a little bulky but that’s normal for this model and I would leave them that way. The jacket fit is just right in my opinion.
I would not wash it to shrink it a bit, it’s not a Carhartt Duck.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I’d advise that you should leave it alone (including the sleeves), that’s how they fit.
As has been said, it’s a practical winter jacket, so you will want room for another layer with long sleeves.

breezer

Practically Family
I have 2 deck jackets - one is roomy for layering - the other is an RMC N1, which has a pretty trim fit.........either way an N1 always look good.

air

One of the Regulars
Definitely not too bulky. Any smaller will be too short and impossible to layer without looking like a sausage.

jglf

A-List Customer
Arms seem a little bulky. I would size down 1 or find a brand with slimmer cut arms.

Petr Jelínek

New in Town
Always wanted one and found one in surplus recently. I know these things are notoriously bulky, but I'm not that used to that so I just wanted to get some feedback. Thinking of washing it in hopes that it gets a tad more snug. Cheers and sorry for the crappy pic^^

btw it's a large and I usually wear a medium, but I got this in Asia and it had some Japanese on the tag, so I think it's more like a medium than a large.
Hi, unfortunately I cannot see your picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana