Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natty Custom Made Shirts For Only $29.99

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
photo 4.jpg

Mine arrived today. Every specification correct, fits perfectly, lovely cloth.

carldelo

One Too Many
My green shirts arrived the other day - the self green fabric is quite heavy, very nice (this fabric is not showing on the site any more, it isn't the striped poly/cotton self green). The olive stripes are darker than I thought they'd be, but OK nonetheless. Construction details are fine, all options included as requested. The shape of the standard spread collar is very nice.

Dimensions of the sleeves, cuffs and neck and yoke are precise. Unfortunately, the chest/waist/seat dimensions are each 5 inches too large! I am swimming in these shirts. Because the body is so wide but the yoke is not, the arm holes are huge, 26 inches in circumference where they meet the body.

Also, there is a bizarre detail on the cuffs. I asked for single button round cuffs, which came with two buttons to adjust the fit (as with many OTR shirts). This is fine, I don't mind it at all, although I assumed a sized cuff would only need one. Anyway, the bizarre part is that the two buttons are sewn at either end of a second button hole on that side. So, there are button holes on both ends of the non-French cuff. I've never seen this - is this done, and I've just never heard of it? Did anyone else receive this detail on the cuff?

PS while getting the shirt set up to photograph the weird cuff, I found an orange stain on one of the sleeves - we are not amused....

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
It looks as if they screwed up and made a french cuff, instead of remaking it completely, they just sewed buttons on. Very shortsighted, considering the popularity of the TFL.

carldelo

One Too Many
^^^ I tend to agree about the button hole issue, seems like a silly mistake.

Re: sizing, I have been experimenting with the website, and the dimensions are recorded in one's user account the same regardless of whether they are entered as 'shirt sizes' (as I did, by measuring three well-fitting shirts) or as 'body sizes' taken from one's actual physical dimensions. There is no notation in one's user account size page to indicate whether the dimensions refer to a shirt or body size.

The site does mention that 4, 5 or 6 inches will be added to the body dimensions to generate the shirt width (this is only mentioned on the 'Returns' page, however). In any case, I entered my dimensions via the 'shirt size' option, so they should have been used directly without the additional allowance to a body size measurement.

The website definitely needs some refining. For instance, the split yoke option was not recorded, but had to be verified by email after the order was placed. Also, when paging through the fabric selections, the page you're on is not highlighted, and there is no 'next page' tab, so one must remember the page number, etc.

So if you're measuring a shirt to send them dimensions, be sure to tell them so explicitly, as the website is not communicating the info. I'm hoping for a good resolution, I'll update as the issue proceeds....

nattyshirts

Sponsoring Affiliate
It looks as if they screwed up and made a french cuff, instead of remaking it completely, they just sewed buttons on. Very shortsighted, considering the popularity of the TFL.

Just wanted to correct this thing that it was 100% intentional for the cuff links adjustments only. Once a cuff is screwed up can not be adjusted at any design as it has interlining in it and it won't be adjusted.

nattyshirts

Sponsoring Affiliate
^^^ I tend to agree about the button hole issue, seems like a silly mistake.

Re: sizing, I have been experimenting with the website, and the dimensions are recorded in one's user account the same regardless of whether they are entered as 'shirt sizes' (as I did, by measuring three well-fitting shirts) or as 'body sizes' taken from one's actual physical dimensions. There is no notation in one's user account size page to indicate whether the dimensions refer to a shirt or body size.

The site does mention that 4, 5 or 6 inches will be added to the body dimensions to generate the shirt width (this is only mentioned on the 'Returns' page, however). In any case, I entered my dimensions via the 'shirt size' option, so they should have been used directly without the additional allowance to a body size measurement.

The website definitely needs some refining. For instance, the split yoke option was not recorded, but had to be verified by email after the order was placed. Also, when paging through the fabric selections, the page you're on is not highlighted, and there is no 'next page' tab, so one must remember the page number, etc.

So if you're measuring a shirt to send them dimensions, be sure to tell them so explicitly, as the website is not communicating the info. I'm hoping for a good resolution, I'll update as the issue proceeds....

Sir we are extremely sorry but yes the website had this issue that once a customer refreshed the page it proceeded an extra order and the tag was changed from shirt/ body to previous and this whole thing caused confusion. Our tech team has been notified on this and the points of margins are being brought on the size page as well. The split yoke is now available as an option and viewable in your order form. we have been refining our website and requesting some input from our customers for better use ability. We appreciate your input and will definitely follow these guidelines as well.
The issue on button holes is standard practice for cufflinks use only and if you do not like it (It does not effect your appearance) we will specifically mention that and you won't have those again.
The issue of sizing was our fault and we have sent you an email to rectify it as well.

carldelo

One Too Many
^^^ thanks for getting back to me so quickly,

To all - there was an email reply very quickly to my message (within a couple of hours), and it looks like the issue will be resolved without too much trouble. I'd chalk this up to setting up a new business and am not angry about it. The only true disappointment is that the fabrics I originally selected are apparently no longer available. The thing with the button hole is odd, but OK.

nattyshirts

Sponsoring Affiliate
New Telephone Lines

Dear all keeping in view the requirements of our customers we have arranged a separate line for customer support as well. The new number is available on site. We hope to serve our customers better.

carldelo

One Too Many
Not a mistake. They are called convertible cuffs. You can wear either links or buttons. I won't go into taste preferences, however they are common on shirts down under.

So I gather from what Nattyshirts said. But here's a practical question - when using links (and not cutting off the buttons), is the cuff closed in the French-cuff fashion, or in the normal overlaid button fashion, but with a link? Is this making sense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21