Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAUSEATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

I am physically nauseated by the book that O.J. Simpson has written about the murders of his ex-wife and Ron Goldman. It is called If I Did It.
O.J. "hypothetically" describes how he would have committed the slaughter "if" he'd been the actual killer.

O.J. was found not guilty of murder in a criminal court. Fine. What sickens me is that he would write such a book. A man who supposedly loved his ex-wife, who was going to do everything possible to find her murderer, and who takes care of her children: how could anyone in his position do this? Murderer or no, the man has shown himself to be a son of a *****.

How do you feel about this book?

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
There was an attorney on the news this morning discussing the book and OJ. Since he was found responsible in the civil trial but acquitted in the criminal trial, this attorney said that makes OJ somewhere between 49% and 100% guilty.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:mad: :mad: :rage: The compulsion to confess seems so obvious, he comes right out and says it with "if" placed forward to provide flimsy camouflage!:mad: Not watching or reading anything to do with the book.

dean

Rosie

One Too Many
I just came from my mom's house and we were talking about it. Does he find this funny? Truthfully, I don't understand it. Even if he alone were to come up with a sick idea such as this, imagine the publishers, bookstores, etc. that want to make a profit on such a thing. It's morbid and all kinds of wrong.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
If it's a confession, it's a lucrative one. Millions of dollars ... :rage:

But, doesn't the civil judgement ($33 million) have to be satisfied? Aren't the Goldmans going to get the proceeds?

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
If I have to sell this book to anyone I will try my hardest to remain outwardly polite.

I won't tell you what I'll actually be thinking about the customer.

It's absolutely disgusting. I kind of wonder how it's written, though. Does O.J. stay in the conditional mood throughout entire book? If so, then it's not only horrifying but also tiresome.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tomasso said:
But, doesn't the civil judgement ($33 million) have to be satisfied? Aren't the Goldmans going to get the proceeds?

They will get $33 million, sure, but they won't get more. Has he not already paid them? He was a high paid man at one time.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Hypothetically, if someone did this about the murder case of someone I cared about, I would hypothetically blow their head off with a large-caliber weapon even if I had to spend the rest of my life in jail, which I believe I hypothetically wouldn't because no jury would say I didn't go insane with rage upon seeing that book in stores.

Seriously. He played football a hundred years ago. Doesn't make him bulletproof. I'm just saying, you know, hypothetically.

Viola

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
It would be hard to find the words - heck, it would be hard to collaborate with Senator Jack to find enough effective words to express my digust with this book. And there's a TV special devoted to it, I understand.

OJ is a skunk. Even if he did not do it -- and he was found not guilty in due process of the criminal justice system-- writing such a book and making such a statement... he is taunting us. Laughing at us. He may as well have titled it "SUCKERS!"

Viola said:
Hypothetically, if someone did this about the murder case of someone I cared about, I would hypothetically blow their head off with a large-caliber weapon even if I had to spend the rest of my life in jail, which I believe I hypothetically wouldn't because no jury would say I didn't go insane with rage upon seeing that book in stores.

Seriously. He played football a hundred years ago. Doesn't make him bulletproof. I'm just saying, you know, hypothetically.

Viola

Definitely a girl after my own heart. :eusa_clap

Regards,

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes