Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Blue Christy's Marlborough (Size 61/62-ish)

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
I bought this hat here on the Lounge classifieds a few weeks ago. Here is the original for-sale post by carldelo which has the photos he took of the hat. It is a lovely hat, very dressy looking to my eye being navy with matching navy ribbon. Factory blocked into a nice teardrop.

Unlike Carl, the size of the hat fits me perfectly. It a slightly mislabeled "Size 62" that in actually fits more like a 61 and I'm pretty much a 61-ish, myself. For comparison a 7-3/4" Borsalino Alexandria is wonderfully comfortable on my head, just the slightest bit loose, while the Marlborough is a comfortable, snug fit.

It was brand-new, essentially unworn when I recieved. I have worn it 10-12 times for anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple hours at a time. It still looks perfectly clean and like new. It has not been soaked, steamed, substantially rained on (maybe a few sprinkles one day when I was putting my umbrella up and down) and as I said it looks like a new hat.

The problem for me is that like most modern hats is far, far too short in the crown to sit properly on my tall head. And the plastic liner-protection inside the crown therefore rests uncomfortably on my bald head. So I went to a tall-crowned Alexandria that I can pull down to a finger or so above my ears rather than sitting perched.

These will run you around $130 shipped from Hornets hats, I paid $80 for it (shipped) and I'm asking $65 shipped and PayPal'd anywhere continental USA. Basically like getting a Size 61 Marlborough except half price because it's been worn for a couple weeks.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
This dressy-looking Navy Marlborough is still available. Still just barely used. Nice comfy factory teardrop crease (unless you have a huge, tall head like mine). Perfect condition.

If knocking a couple bucks off the asking price will make a difference please feel free to offer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff