Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Service Dress Repro

priestyboy

One of the Regulars
I'm helplessly dedicated to Naval reenactment. I was fortunate enough (actually blessed by the hand of God himself) to find an original WWII khaki working uniform on E-bay in my size 46R. And in excellent condition too!

Now as great and awesome as this is, I still need a set of WWII blue service dress to add to and enhance my impression. Besides, it is such a classy looking uniform.

Warhorse trading out of the UK has a repro that looks very good but a little pricey for me, $500.00 + shipping (conversion rate):

http://www.warhorsetradingpost.com/cat12.htm

U. S. NAVY BLUE DRESS UNIFORM AND PANTS. These dress blues made from navy blue serge come as a set of tunic and trousers, the body is fully line with one inside pocket and one exterior breast pocket and two low pockets. The trousers have two side and two rear pockets and belt loops. The fly can be made with button or zip. The tunic comes with ranks up to Lt Comm.once we have a stock of senior officers hats we will offer ranks up to captain. Officer coat maker name labels included. Sizes 40 to 48 above write.call for quote
£250.

Anybody know otherwise of where a good repro could be had here in the US? To think I could score another original Navy uniform in my size on E-bay would probably be nutty.

I know there are so many more USAAF repros but I can't help myself, I have to follow my deepest desires and do the Navy impression. Besides, I have too much $$$ invested in the WWII Navy pilot impression to switch over now, the wifeypoo would kill me!!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I'm curious where one gets the chance to do a Navy pilot impression. Two of my dad's best old Navy buddies were pilots (one F6F, one PB4Y/B-24)...great guys, full of stories.

I got a suit of Working Greens a couple years back just for the heck of it (42 reg, sorry to say), but never did manage to work up anything.

priestyboy

One of the Regulars
Where to do a Navy Impression.....? well, I have to admit, there never is really any official Naval reenactments I have ever known of. I have gone and done the impression at various CAF events but with a few exceptions, I was the only swabbie.

Now being that there are actually a considerable number of WWII Naval aircraft out there, the impression does fit in. And being a self-proclaimed WWII Naval aircraft "know-a-bunch", I get to be the living historian at the aircraft during WWII Day events and the such.

There have been a few hangar dances as well, and the Navy Impression does stand out as different but the USAAF guys are so gracious and welcoming.

So long answer to your short question, the reenacting community is a great and welcoming bunch of folks, you get the chance to do a Navy Impression anywhere reenactors are! A guy/or girl just can't be too timid as you stand out as " one of these things are not like the others"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw