Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a good hat store recommendation in Hawaii

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Up here in Alaska, we really don't have any good hat stores, so selection is extremely limited. I'm taking the family on a Hawaii vacation for several weeks starting next week, and would like to look at some good hats while I'm somewhere that probably has a good hat store in the state. Will be spending lots of time on Oahu, in Maui, and the Big Island, so I could probably make it to any store, regardless of where it might be. Preference would be Honolulu if given the choice, I suppose.

You guys know of any good stores offhand?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Aerol said:
Try these guys: http://www.newtattheroyal.com/

I've been told that they have a decent selection of Montecristis.

Interesting shop to visit, although I wasn't particularly impressed with the range of hats they had available last time I was there. I was also told the hats are the same (in terms of source) as those offered by Worth & Worth. Don't know if that's still true.

Cheers,
JtL

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Again... much appreciated.

I've actually spent the last several hours on Brent Black's website. Am going to contact him to see what we can do for a possible custom hat for this trip!

Will look to see what other options there are for hat stores as well!

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
I did indeed contact Brent, and same SOOOO close to ordering a BBB hat. Eventually decided to hold off doing something until after this trip.

I'm in Hawaii now, and as I somewhat expected, have NOT really seen good hat shops anywhere. I did go to the Newt at the Royal shop today, and it was indeed a nice little shop. (not the easiest to find, but I got there) Some nice Panama hats there, including some VERY fine Montichristi Panamas selling for up to $11,000. I'm not sure, but I think you might be able to find hats of comparable quality to those in Newts at other places for a bit better price. (and you could get a completely custom hat, too) Not sure--I'll shop a bit.

Please excuse the poor picture quality. Snapped this "self-portrait" in the mirror while trying on one of the Montichristi Panamas. This is a Fedora style, and the one I liked the best at the Newt of all that fit me. Priced at $1,325 if I remember right.

IMG_2838.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails