Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Help! Stylemaster or Federation??

carter

I'll Lock Up
pils said:
Thanks Carter. I have the same head measurement, and I was looking at the Stylemaster as a possible new hat. It sounds like some other model might look better.

Pils, Just in case you're interested, the Stetson Pinnacle in Caribou is another hat I like a lot. I believe you can find it in both full Beaver and Soverign fur felts.

schanop

New in Town
I have seen a sand colour (or something really light) Akubra swing at the Strand Hatters. It's a nice looking hat particularly in that colour. Give it a try.

deelovely

Practically Family
Thanks Schanop, I will keep that one in mind for the future as well!;)
But I have decided to go with the Stylemaster for now... there is just something about it that I really like and I do feel it may look fairly nice on me! Can't wait to get it now!:D

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Stylemaster vs Federation

I own a Federation and it is a fine fedora. I had admired the Stylemaster for a long time and bought on from a vendor in Australia on sale. When it came it was a size too large and I returned it. Frankly, I was relieved because the Stylemaster looked cheap. The trolley cord and ribbon were both very shoddy looking and the felt left a lot to be desired.

I would look some more for a candidate because the Federation is quite large for a feminine look IMHO.

jeboat:) :) :)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Dee....
are you sure about this purchase?:eusa_doh:
I just want you to be happy...I think both is still the best alternative....and IC can learn to roll his own.:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Dee....
are you sure about this purchase?:eusa_doh:
I just want you to be happy...I think both is still the best alternative....and IC can learn to roll his own.:D
:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: Killin me!!!
Ya gotta work with me here!:eek: :rolleyes:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_doh: [huh] :eek: Oops....sorry...errr...Yeah Dee...the acorn Stylemaster would be smashing on you!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap and the tawny fawn fed for IC....:D

deelovely

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
:eusa_doh: [huh] :eek: Oops....sorry...errr...Yeah Dee...the acorn Stylemaster would be smashing on you!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap and the tawny fawn fed for IC....:D
Whoa!!! Hold up a minute... what just happened here?!:eek: :(

MattJH

One Too Many
I've owned both. I eventually ended up selling my carbon grey Federation here in the classifieds. The Stylemaster, on the other hand, was worn just today. :)

It's all personal preference, obviously, and the Federation is probably the better hat when it comes down to it, but that doesn't mean it looks good on everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick