Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help to get a Christina do!

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
I love these two hairstyles on Christina - Can anyone help with how to get them?

christina-grammy.JPG

And

41345_Christina_Aguilera_-_I_Come_Undone-763492.jpg

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
Not sure about the first one since I've never been able to get waves like that in my hair; the second one looks like it was just done with a big curling iron and then maybe teased a bit.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Well, of course it helps to have bleached blonde hair, because you can make it do almost anything, lol!

I agree about curling the second pic with an iron.

The first pic, for a fake do, I would roll the bangs on small hot rollers in a wet set fashion, towards the back of the head but with a side part. Roll the bottom on bigger rollers. When cool just leave the top hair as is, but stretch and smooth over a bit. Tease the bottom, may want to pin "bangs" down where they meet the bottom.

If you have really smooth, healthy hair to begin with it probably won't cooperate quite as well.

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
Well, of course it helps to have bleached blonde hair, because you can make it do almost anything, lol!

I agree about curling the second pic with an iron.

The first pic, for a fake do, I would roll the bangs on small hot rollers in a wet set fashion, towards the back of the head but with a side part. Roll the bottom on bigger rollers. When cool just leave the top hair as is, but stretch and smooth over a bit. Tease the bottom, may want to pin "bangs" down where they meet the bottom.

If you have really smooth, healthy hair to begin with it probably won't cooperate quite as well.

I have naturally curly tight ringlets that I roll out twice a week and set on pin curls each night!

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Smuterella said:
she has so much hair, mine is so fine that if I did that i'd look bald

Mine too - though I think hers is from length though.

I just wish I looked that glamorous in pin curls that I could go to the market!

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Is it me or does it look like she (or probably her stylist) may have pinned them dry? When they are pinned wet, you see scalpage (lol is that a word?) or scalp cleavage. It looks like she may have used the curling iron and then pinned them, so they would be ready for a later event?

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Lareesie Ladavi said:
Is it me or does it look like she (or probably her stylist) may have pinned them dry? When they are pinned wet, you see scalpage (lol is that a word?) or scalp cleavage. It looks like she may have used the curling iron and then pinned them, so they would be ready for a later event?

I think you could be right - those rolls are pretty perfect really!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace