Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help with chair info

Taggert

Familiar Face
We have had this chair since as far back as i can remember, it has a hanger for shirts and a hanger for pants on it, the bottom oepns up to reveal a storage area. I have never known anything about it and was hoping someone here might.
here are some pics.
*Click for larger image*

I did not notice any markings on it or any attached paper but I'll give it a better look tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated, age, make etc =)

Thanks
Taggert

TM

A-List Customer
Now that's a versatile chair!

I kind of doubt that it's a produciton chair. Out here in Palm Springs a lot of furniture is designed by interior designers for specific homes. Possibly that's the case with this chair.

Nice find!

Tony

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I grew up with one of those. It has various names, the most common is "Gentleman's Butler" and variations thereof.

You have a 1960 production model. Fairly common during the time period. Nice chair, and is very useful. The main comparment can be used for many things; my father kept his shoe-shining stuff inside.

The top is for accessory items: cufflinks, etc. The staight metal hanger is for your belt and tie.

Vintage Betty

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, they were all over the place in the 60's and into the 70's. Dad had one we got for his birthday or Christmas, as did most of my uncles. My grandfather thought it was a waste of space ("What? I'm to decrepit to hang my coat on a hanger and put it in the closet?").

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR