Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need opinions on fit of Aero Cafe Racer Jacket

mrc

Familiar Face
Hey, I was in Insurrection yesterday looking at their beautiful Aero Cafe' Racers and they're thick as thick can get (at least 3.25 ounce horsehide!). What did you do to get yours broken in so fast? There wasn't a wrinkle on any of their jackets. Yours looks like it's been to hell and back, but in a good way. What was your speedy break-in method? By the way, I simply love the black drill liners.

fl&wvmike

Familiar Face

I think that your jacket looks fine. You might not like a tighter fit.
Anyway, if you are like the rest of us, you will gain a few pounds, and fill it in perfectly.
Fl&WVMIKE

Aether

One of the Regulars

Anyway, if you are like the rest of us, you will gain a few pounds, and fill it in perfectly.
Fl&WVMIKE

Hahaha, ain't that the truth!

The jacket looks like a good fit to me too. Just wear it hard and let it break in, and if you're still not happy with the fit after that get it altered.

beaprepp

New in Town
Your jacket looks great, I hope my will fit like yours.

I agree with you that the back looks a little bit baggy, but I think thats the fit of the Jacket.
I dont like it either, because I was thinking about ordering one with an plain back.

PS Jan dein Postfach ist voll;-)

Norsksea

New in Town
Hector

I think the jacket looks like a good fit to me. If you have a 40" chest what is the measurements of your jacket from armpit to armpit? If that jacket chest measurement is to big then what would you say is a better one? How many inches or less would be perfect for a trim fit between a person's measurements and a jackets measurements?
Frank

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
A little baggy in the back across the shoulders, but selective warm water treatment might take care of that. Just don't do the whole jacket as that might reduce the length of the sleeves and the torso.

beaprepp: Yes, his box is usually full.

HectorTorta

New in Town
Hey, I was in Insurrection yesterday looking at their beautiful Aero Cafe' Racers and they're thick as thick can get (at least 3.25 ounce horsehide!). What did you do to get yours broken in so fast? There wasn't a wrinkle on any of their jackets. Yours looks like it's been to hell and back, but in a good way. What was your speedy break-in method? By the way, I simply love the black drill liners.
Well for starters I just wore it a bunch. I also tossed it in the dryer (no heat!) for a half hour with a couple of sneakers which worked wonders. It's broken in even more since I took these pictures - I've spend a lot of time riding my bike in it, driving in it, and even wearing it during snowball fights with my nephews. :)

HectorTorta

New in Town
Hector

I think the jacket looks like a good fit to me. If you have a 40" chest what is the measurements of your jacket from armpit to armpit? If that jacket chest measurement is to big then what would you say is a better one? How many inches or less would be perfect for a trim fit between a person's measurements and a jackets measurements?
Frank
I don't have a tape measure handy at the moment, but I'd say that for my measurements a 41" jacket may be a slightly better fit.

However, while the back may look a little baggy I'm not sure it would be more useable if it were any tighter. I was shooting some photographs with an SLR this past weekend and needed every inch of leather in the back to be able to comfortably raise the camera to my eye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran