Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need to Shed Some Hats

PhilS

One of the Regulars
I have more hats than I can wear and want to free up some shelf space and pay for a new camera purchase. I haven't been paying attention to the forum or the bay for quite some time. Would I be better off posting in the classifieds here, or on ebay? I'm not all that concerned about maximizing my return but I'd like to get a fair price for the quality of the lids. The items I intend to sell are:

- a 30s-40s era 7 3/8 long oval black Borsalino with a new brick band courtesy of Mr. Fawcett;
- a 7 1/2 light green Royal Stetson Whippet - fits my long oval 7 3/8 head well;
- a 7 3/8 - 7 1/2 super soft tan Open Road with a new brown band and new sweat band also courtesy Mr. Fawcett;
- a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 long oval 40s-50s era light blue Open Road clone by Faulhaber's Shop for Men;
- a 7 3/8 Open Road - late 50s, I think:
- some other 7 3/8 and 7 1/2 odds and ends.

All items are in super condition except the last open road, which has a large dirt stain in the rear that needs attention.

Besides taking good pictures, does anyone have any advice about timing or manner of sale? Or does anyone have a particular interest in any of these hats?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I think that posting them here would be fantastic, and I am sure that the others around here would appreciate a go at them.THose sound like some fantastic hats. As for myself, I would be interested, if at all, in the "7 3/8 and 7 1/2 odds and ends" that you mentioned, mostly because I am on a bit of a shoestring budget.

MCrider

A-List Customer
Originally I thought that ebay may be best, but then I had this vision of someone taking the old Borsalino or a vintage Open Road to "make a hat like Johnny Depp wears." and I broke out in a cold sweat. So I'd post them here and if you don't get any takers... the bay is waiting.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The internet, it's like magic.
IMG_4829.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Very frustrating without pictures. That should be an automatic thing when stuff is for sale, unless youre so new you cant post pics. Potential buyers should not have to ask for pictures.

PhilS

One of the Regulars
This is pretty funny - I assume you bagged this from the post when I bought them. The right hat is an Art Fawcett on a bust of Shakespeare. The left is the 7 3/8 Open Road with the new ribbon that Art reconditioned.

PhilS

One of the Regulars
Oh rats - I see my new post made my not posting photos even worse because it's not linked the photos that Lefty posted. I am uploading some photos now and should add them shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo