Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New 30's Halfbelt repro

Cole

One of the Regulars
I pickt this one up for a steal on eBay (26,22 $). It was sorted out by the Manufacturer because of some QC issues (one visible mark on the back, a few visible marks on the sleeves, stitching not allways that streight). It is a size 44 with 26,5" sleeves. I dare you to try and spot the QC issues :wink:

Today I picked it up from customs (the creedy bastards even tax the shipping costs :eeek: ).

The jacket is beautiful, but in desperate need of pecards because the leather is very dry. I'll post more pictures once I got my hands on some pecards and gave it a workover or two.

With shipping and customs / taxes this jacket did cost me about 60,00 € in total. It might not be an Aero or something in that league, but I would say you can't realy complain at that pricepoint. :)

bruno1.jpg
bruno3.jpg

bruno2.jpg
bruno4.jpg

bruno5.jpg
bruno6.jpg

bruno7.jpg

Cole

One of the Regulars
You wearing Iron Rangers?

coffee

These are Diesel Cassidy boots. But they look more ore less like the Iron Rangers from Red Wings.

@Grayland
It is a Filmjackets Bruno Half Belt. But since this one got sorted out for QC reasons I didn't mention the name, because it is not represenative to the quality they usualy sell.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
It might not be an Aero or something in that league, but I would say you can't realy complain at that pricepoint. :)

This jacket is the unequivocal evidence that a high quality and well fitting jacket need not implicitly be an Aero ...

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
The second of these jackets I have seen and I'm struck by the fit. Nice high armholes and slim sleeves. Great fitting jacket!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The second of these jackets I have seen and I'm struck by the fit. Nice high armholes and slim sleeves. Great fitting jacket!

That's because it's a copy of an original Californian (1940's-50's) I think. As seen worn by Bruce Willis in Surrogates.

nevadapd

Familiar Face

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello!

I am really interested in purchasing a Bruno Halfbelt from the Filmjackets Com. Store, but I am havering for several reasons, mainly because I don't want to support a leather industry that doesn't take care of both environmental problems and the workers' health.

I don't want to save money at the expense of a country's environment and the tanneries-workers' health. So in favor of these aspects I'd prefer buying from suppliers that get their stuff from producers that underlie strict constraints concerning environment and the employees' health.

Just to keep a a clear conscience I'll wait till I can buy another jacket from Aero or Good Wear being convinced they get the hides from tanneries that care about environmental safeties.

For those who want to get more informations with kind regards,

Johannes

http://infohouse.p2ric.org/ref/18/17863.pdf

http://www1.american.edu/ted/LEATHER.HTM

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20705577

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy