Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero ANJ-4 (pic heavy)

Rich200uk

New in Town
I think I will end up getting a battle of Britain Aero Irvin, personally I like the look of the Irvin over the B-6 or D-1.

Do you find your Irvin is a much more practical jacket than the ANJ-4?

Also do you find the belt annoying?

They're great things but you need to have proper hard winters to make it worth owning. I'd suggest a B-6, D-1 or an Irvin as more flexible options.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, my Irvin is my go-to winter weather jacket. I can wear it from late October through to late March. The Aero sheepskin is not too heavy and you can adjust the zips and belt to allow ventilation. I would recommend sizing up so that it's loose enough to let air circulate and get that classic baggy WWII look.

Rich200uk

New in Town
Perfect advice, thanks. I'll chat with Aero and figure out the best fit going of my measurements for other jackets I have with them.

Thanks for your help ;)

Yes, my Irvin is my go-to winter weather jacket. I can wear it from late October through to late March. The Aero sheepskin is not too heavy and you can adjust the zips and belt to allow ventilation. I would recommend sizing up so that it's loose enough to let air circulate and get that classic baggy WWII look.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Good choice. Aero's shearling colour and weight is based on a patch taken from a pair of Irvin trousers that had not been exposed to light etc, so it's historically accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner