Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Cafe racer

HoosierDaddy said:
Looks good felix03. You gotta be very pleased!
HD
(I for one don't appreciate the cutesy murdercycle crap....and I'm sure I'm not the only one...)

And surely calling one's post "crap" gives its own offense, dontcha s'pose? I, for one, certainly don't appreciate it.

Didn't call your post crap...just the latter comment you evidently thought was needed....somehow appropriate...and apparently special. Lacking any class or tact..in my view...just gave a little of that back. Probably niether statement proper for this thread or the FL....dontcha s'pose?
HD

HoosierDaddy said:
Didn't call your post crap...just the latter comment you evidently thought was needed....somehow appropriate...and apparently special. Lacking any class or tact..in my view...just gave a little of that back. Probably niether statement proper for this thread or the FL....dontcha s'pose?
HD

Not my post but "just the latter comment"? Where does the post end and the "latter comment" begin, then? You did indeed say what you said, so please don't suggest you didn't.

I meant absolutely no offense to felix03 or anyone else. If I even inadvertently did so, well, I regret it. But for the life of me, I can't see how referring to a motorcycle as a murdersickle is somehow "lacking any class or tact." But you do. I really don't understand why you do, but I accept that you indeed do. And I find that regrettable. But please consider your own response. By your own admission, when you "gave a little of that back," you were deliberately engaging in conduct "lacking any class or tact."

I was an avid motorcyclist for many, many years, and I maintain an interest in them (as well as a motorcycle endorsement on my driver's license). I was wondering if felix03's enthusiasm for a jacket model called the "cafe racer" extended to the bikes themselves. My motivation for posing the question was to invite him to expand a bit on that, to tell us about his bike, if he has one, or to say no, got the jacket but ain't into the bikes. It is still my hope that he will do that. As I already said, the jacket looks good on him.

Fenton

Familiar Face
felix03 said:
Hello all,

Here are pics of my Aero Cafe Racer. They were taken when the jacket was one week old. I got the 4-pocket version, brown FQHH, and nickel/silver zippers in a size 38.

No excuse for the dorky facial expressions.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid21704711

Hi felix! Awesome jacket and perfect fit! May I ask how tall you are and what back length (collar seam to bottom) the jacket has? I'm planning on getting a similar fit for the Highwayman I've just ordered.

cheers

Longshanks

New in Town
perfect fit?

Hey Felix03--
It looks like you got kidnapped by a gang of scottish tailors and emerged with the perfect fit--it looks great. It's also a great recommendation for the color.
Wear it in good health!

Lovely.

Boy is that trim!

357838872.jpg

bk

felix03

One of the Regulars
Thanks all for the nice comments. :)

I currently ride an aprilia Mojito (aprilia Habana for those of you in Europe). I'd have to say I've always been more into scooters than motorcycles. I've ridden about 10K miles in 2 years on mine. But after seeing the Moto Guzzi V7 Classic at a bike show . . .

I'm very serious about both safety and aesthetics--hence the Aero. I'd been looking into getting a protective leather riding jacket, and all of the helpful info from you gents on this website made the Aero Cafe the only choice.

Fenton, I'm 5'6" and about 155 pounds. The back length is 25" exactly. It certainly is a bit trim (the pics were taken 2 weeks ago). But it's conformed better to my body after a couple exposures to rain and 350 miles of riding. But that trim fit is exactly what I was hoping for, and it tends to serve a useful purpose for riding.

jaxx

New in Town
it sure does help. i have a harley fatboy and let me tell you. my highwayman is a trim fit but i still feel like a flying squirrel on the highways. a cafe racer is the perfect jacket for motorcycle riding. especially you dont have 5 lb colalrs slap fighting you in the face. i think they may have put dents in my helmet. the asphalt should be more afraid of my jacket.

Sharpe

New in Town
Can you not wear a cafe racer without riding a bike? It's just a leather jacket, and they look pretty cool.

Can you not wear an A2 or any of the other 'pilot' jackets without piloting a plane?

Is wearing a cafe racer somehow an insult to the select club of people who ride motorbikes? Personally, I don't ride a bike, but i'd like to get a cafe racer jacket (just like i'd like to get an A2 jacket without being a pilot).

I wouldn't mind having one myself, Sharpe, although I doubt I'd look as good in one as our felix03 does. And I wouldn't hesitate to wear it on days I had zero expectation of getting aboard a bike.

felix03

One of the Regulars
Sharpe,

Wear what makes you happy, I say.

I love wearing my Maldini jersey to play soccer. And my teammates will tell you I'm certainly not him.

felix03

One of the Regulars
piranha said:
Felix, it looks very nice.
I'm not sure if you mentioned the color but it's it cordovan?

Thanks piranha. It's actually the brown front quarter horsehide. There is a slight reddish tinge to it though.

Graemsay

Practically Family
felix03 said:
I currently ride an aprilia Mojito (aprilia Habana for those of you in Europe). I'd have to say I've always been more into scooters than motorcycles. I've ridden about 10K miles in 2 years on mine. But after seeing the Moto Guzzi V7 Classic at a bike show . . .

Nice jacket. :)

Have you seen the Guzzi V7 Cafe Racer? I have a horrible feeling that this post might prove expensive for you.

V7%20Cafe%20Classic%20my09%20pictures%2005-thumb-415x278.jpg

More at:

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2008/11/moto-guzzi-v7-cafe-classic-get.html

felix03

One of the Regulars
Graemsay said:
Nice jacket. :)

Have you seen the Guzzi V7 Cafe Racer? I have a horrible feeling that this post might prove expensive for you.

Indeed I have:

felix03 said:
But after seeing the Moto Guzzi V7 Classic at a bike show . . .

I was able to sit on a white one at a motorcycle show and I fell in love with it. I've always been a scooter guy, but lately I've really gotten into cafe racers and other retro-looking bikes. Besides the Guzzi, I also love the Triumph Bonneville and the Royal Enfield Bullet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui