Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero FQHH Half-belt arrived...Breaking in question.

majormajor

One Too Many
if going for a remake I suggest maybe you might want to consider a little bit less on the length also. As a dude who knows better than most around here about jackets that are too long, I can't help feeling yours is a smidge that way. But if you're happy with that length then forget I ever mentioned it.

Good luck!

I agree with Schitz.

For me, it looks a little long, but then, as some folks might know, I do prefer shorter jackets;)

The shoulders, however, look fine:D

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I agree with Schitz.

For me, it looks a little long, but then, as some folks might know, I do prefer shorter jackets;)

The shoulders, however, look fine:D

My view is the length is perfect. But I like them longer. I don't see the point of wearing a short little number that makes the wearer look like an organ grinders monkey...

Edward

Bartender
Looks fine to me. As I understand it, the original identified problem is that it's not loose enough to fit a sweater under? My own opinion is that a jacket of this style is cut to be and should be worn neat - if you want something that will take the bulk of a sweater, look to a different cut, such as a Highwayman.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Looks fine to me. As I understand it, the original identified problem is that it's not loose enough to fit a sweater under? My own opinion is that a jacket of this style is cut to be and should be worn neat - if you want something that will take the bulk of a sweater, look to a different cut, such as a Highwayman.

+1

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
+2. My one and only experience with trying on a 30's HB in my size when I was at Insurrection in Seattle last August is that the 30's does fit snugly and does not lend itself to layering underneath, nor was it designed to do so in the first place. However, my Highwayman and my Teamster do allow layering with a heavy vest or sweater underneath.

+3. I got a 50's HBD for that (layering) purpose. I didn't appreciate it as much until I got the slimmer Ventura. In like have options, and those two cuts are (IMHO) for different things.

pauleway

Practically Family
I have a 30's HB, and my brother has one also, and I probably have six or seven other leather jackets to choose from, but I think you can layer a sweater under a 30's HB jacket with it looking just fine. I live in western NY and 90% of the time I wear it, I layer with a sweater or sweatshirt. My new 2-tone is my favorite, and go to jacket and I want a jacket that I can wear with or without a sweater, so I think if you live in a colder climate you could get the style you prefer and just get it sized to fit with a little layering. If you live in SF you will definately want to have something under your jacket to keep the chill off. That said, it's always nice to have other options, like more leather jackets!;)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, they have to be really, really tight to not be able to wear a light sweater underneath. I think yours just needs to break in and relax. But maybe we're coming at this all wrong. You may well prefer your jackets to be a size larger. I too think some jackets feel better when roomy. I'm fairly thin but the fashionable fitted look is not my thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo