Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Premium Slim Fit 1930's Half Belt

wdw

One Too Many
I'd take the longer one, as it might wrinkle up a little with no problems, whereas I think the shorter one is borderline too short.

Gromulus

Practically Family
I think the first one looks nicer...and proportioned much better especially with the longer back length.
HD

I concur, but it's your (the OP) jacket so keep the one that "feels" better when wearing. Personally, I can't stand a shorter jacket that rides up in the back.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I prefer the earlier version over the latter. INO the latter is a bit on the short side for my taste. Might be interesting to take a poll. :D Seriously though your opinion is the only one that counts.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Good grief this going to be tough! My wife prefers the short, my daughter the long.

Edward - I have a kudu pioneer in a longer style so a shorter half belt would be different.

Schitzo - I like them both mate. When I wear the short one, it looks and feels great from the front but looking at the photos I can't help feeling it might be a bit short. The long one feels and looks a bit long and a bit too close to my Pioneer, but the photos of it look good from the back view. I'm stuffed, either way I'm going to think I send the wrong one back :-(

Here is a question, will a heavy horse jacket tend to go a bit longer when it breaks and drapes or will it ride up with creases? I'm clutching at straws now :-(

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
For me it depends on your usual style. If you wear vintage with high waisted trousers, I would prefer the shorter jacket. If it's just modern clothes for you, then I would stick with the longer version.

pauleway

Practically Family
"It's nice to finally see a good collar from Aero. I requested a similar one when ordering my 30s halfbelt."(Quote)

I prefer a smaller collar. Not a fan of those pointy, long collars. I would even prefer a smaller collar than their standard HB version. But it is nice to see you can get this option if you do prefer the longer/pointy style one. Variety is the spice of life!!

Last edited:

Gromulus

Practically Family
Here is a question, will a heavy horse jacket tend to go a bit longer when it breaks and drapes or will it ride up with creases? I'm clutching at straws now :-(

My (almost broken in) several year old FQHH Bootlegger is now 1/2" shorter than when new.

Brettafett

One Too Many
You are one lucky guy Coop. Not only do you have TWO of these spectacular jackets, that are 'not' actually even offered yet... but a wife who 'allows' you to buy one ;)

IMO: First one. I feel that over time as you wear it in, as it creases and moulds to you muscular frame, you may be glad for that touch of extra length.

That collar is fantastic. It annoys me that Aero can't/ won't put that collar on other jackets, like the Sheene.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Thank you for that Fanch. Yes, the back lengths differ by a whopping 1 1/2". Also, neither are the standard 1930's pattern but the yet to be released Premium slim fit pattern - larger pointed collar, slimmed down arms, higher arm holes etc. The difference might be subtle but the feeling is huge when you put one on!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another vote here for the first longer jacket. Still has the beautiful vintage style but just fits the more modern (shorter) rise in pants better IMO

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Cooperson:

From the perspective of the "vertically challenged," my assessment ......... on final reflection, the 25 1/4 will provide a more practical jacket for now and the future. If you intend this jacket to weather the whimsy of haute couture; the more utilitarian fit shall always prevail. IMHO.
BTW: it looks excellent.

My thoughts....exactly. The poor 1930's fellow, with the resources for only one jacket, likely went the way of the more versatile. Putting hands into pockets....overrated. ;)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
The longer feels too long and the shorter feels too short.

I think the proper questeions that has been asked is:
1. How will it look when broken in and used.
2. Is most your pants that high waisted.

1. My jackets have become shorter in the front and maybe a tad longer in the back after brake-in. For me it is because I wear my hand in my pockets and also that I sit down with the jacket (in the car) so it rides up in the front due to creases.
The back seems to have relaxed and if its not a tad longer, it is absolutely not shorter.

2. I think the short one covers the front ok, but the back looks a little unclear. I know from experience that it also looks longer in pic where we stand still and not move. I would definately move around some, bend my knees, stretch my arms and so on like simulating events in the day and then go look in the mirror.

So here and now the short one looks like it could work, but it will change over time. The long one looks good in the back but a tad long in the front, but if you wear the hands in the pockets like you like to it will mold and crease and look shorter.

I am nowdays stretching my Highwayman in the front because I feel it is a little short.

So if your gonna use it alot then I would choose the longer one. If you will use it on special ocasions then the shorter one could work.

So who am I to come with advice? I have had 6 Aeros in the house, currently own 4 and the oldest one is from 2010. I had a one of a kind 30´s HB that I loved and sold, it was 24.5".

Last edited:

samo

One of the Regulars
I really do not care to much about how long should the jacket be from a vintage perspective? I prefer lenght to the beginning of the back pocket of the jeans. So according to me the lenght is just prefect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy