Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Type III Jean Jacket - Fit advice needed

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
No Daddy, I do not feel lectured and I did read the post.....it's a very neutral one... whatever makes someone happy and all that...I get it.

image.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Very much the modern fit. Levis and others have definitely lengthened their jackets n recent years, even as they have dropped the waistband (whatever other issues they have, I've found 501s unwearably low waisted since the 90s, ditto all modern Lee styles). Doubtless the two are connected.

I may be wrong, but based on the examples I've seen, I've also always suspected that these jackets got longer with the introduction of the hip-level hand-warmer pockets.

Depends which look (not to mention how you classify "real" bikers; are they the ones who wear colours, or are they the ones that put off new riders by sneering at them for being fake? I've seen a few of those around, sadly.) I'm sure there were many older bikers as looked in askance at some of the younger kids trying to cop Brando's look, though while he was overly clean cut, it wasn't an entirely unseen style on the roads. Arguably more influential, though, in terms of the outlaw lifestylers, were the Beetles, led by Chino (Lee Marvin).

iu

iu

Chino was very deliberately based on "Wino" Willie Forkner, leader and founder member of the Boozefighters. While there certainly were bikers who looked similar to Brando (and his look was influential, probably doing more than most to cement the Perfecto look into motorcycling culture), it's obvious that Marvin's look (including the kutte) has had more staying power among one percenter types. It certainly chimed with the early Hells Angels; Sonny Barger, founder of the HA California chapter, was on record saying many times that the Beetles accurately captured the look they were going for in those days. Indeed, legend has it that Barger acquired the striped shirt Marvin wore in the film, and was seen wearing it at many early HA meetings (HAMC being a mere six years old when The Wild One was released in 1953).

SORRY, I have to disagree, Brian Bosworth Stone Cold was the most epic biker movie ever :D simple pure entertainment value

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy