Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Website looks Great!!!

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
It is off-topic, so I apologize for taking advantage of you reading along, but since you are here; I looked through the sale offers on the new website and found a blue label size 38 goatskin half-belt that is blanked lined. Unfortunately that jacket is a tiny tad too snug for me at a measured 20.75" pit to pit but I sure love that blanket lining. Is that a custom option or was this a one time off?
This lining was from various remnants we had, some going back many many years. I beleive this was from an old vintage blanket. During lock down when the factory was closed and also no delieveries were coming in we had a number of jackets made up using various remnants of leather and linings. The factory being closed was a good oportunity to use up lot's of these odd's and ends that during normal times we were too busy to use. We only just managed to squeeze this lining out for the jacket , hense the not so clever pattern matching !!

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Has anyone completed an order with the new website?

Holly and Dom and the web team are aware and are trying to fix my transaction error now. But I am just wondering if anyone here has already completed a transaction through the new store. And is it sale page jacket or other stuff? Just curious. I'll try a bit later. Turbulent times but some excellent deals for the ROW customers.
I placed an order for a Type III jacket in Navy Vicenza w/Caramel stitching and wine cotton sateen yesterday. I received a reply back from Christina regarding my order today and I need to work out the various details for the order to proceed. One thing I noted is there was no provision to enter the 10% discount code (NEWSITE) during checkout. I mentioned this to Christina in reply to her msg.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
I placed an order for a Type III jacket in Navy Vicenza w/Caramel stitching and wine cotton sateen yesterday. I received a reply back from Christina regarding my order today and I need to work out the various details for the order to proceed. One thing I noted is there was no provision to enter the 10% discount code (NEWSITE) during checkout. I mentioned this to Christina in reply to her msg.
We have had a number of succesfull orders come through both made to order and stock items. Also most orders came through using the discount code.
When you first go to your basket the discount code box is there. see below.

Attachments

• Discount code.PNG
    Discount code.PNG
    115.6 KB · Views: 56

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
We have had a number of succesfull orders come through both made to order and stock items. Also most orders came through using the discount code.
When you first go to your basket the discount code box is there. see below.
Thanks for the heads up on where to enter the discount code. However, I have already placed my order (yesterday) and would like to know how I can get the code applied to that order w/o placing another order and cancelling the first one. Would the discount apply to the original amount of the order or the remaining balance. Thanks.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
How TB gonna stay in Aero business now?
The example posted above was not a very good or fair example. He was comparing a made to order jacket from Thurston against a discounted jacket on our stock page. Don't get me wrong the jacket on stock page really is a fantastic offer (already reserved for someone) but if the same jacket was ordered made to order it would be quite a bit more.
US customers will still love the service and convenience that Thurston offer with their sizing advice and fit jacket options.

Last edited:

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the heads up on where to enter the discount code. However, I have already placed my order (yesterday) and would like to know how I can get the code applied to that order w/o placing another order and cancelling the first one. Would the discount apply to the original amount of the order or the remaining balance. Thanks.
We can apply the code for you at our end.

The example posted above was not a very good or fair example. He was comparing a made to order jacket from Thurston against a discounted jacket on our stock page. Don't get me wrong the jacket on stock page really is a fantastic offer (already reserved for someone) but if the same jacket was ordered made to order it would be quite a bit more.
US customers will still love the service and convince that Thurston offer with their sizing advice and fit jacket options.

Oh, right. My mistake as I've just tried building a jacket through the order/customization menu and the price of the Highwayman did come out close to what TB is asking for one.

The new site is lovely and the customization is pretty fun. But why don't you bring back Luftwaffe jackets, though?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
We can apply the code for you at our end.
That would be me trying to pay for that Badass Hoochie!

Holly and Dom and the web team are already working on it.

But I think it's my IP address.

I used my cell phone data to connect and I get the old page but I could not log in. It kept saying invalid password.

I used my home wifi to connect and I get the new page but it goes to a server error page when I hit the payment button.

I will try my office wifi tomorrow again. It usually does the trick. I had the same experience with mega sites like Farfetch and Matchesfashion before too.

New web store looks great! Congrats!

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
That would be me trying to pay for that Badass Hoochie!

Holly and Dom and the web team are already working on it.

But I think it's my IP address.

I used my cell phone data to connect and I get the old page but I could not log in. It kept saying invalid password.

I used my home wifi to connect and I get the new page but it goes to a server error page when I hit the payment button.

I will try my office wifi tomorrow again. It usually does the trick. I had the same experience with mega sites like Farfetch and Matchesfashion before too.

New web store looks great! Congrats!

Sorry about this, these delays in changeover is why we've not emailed our customer base or publised the new site yet... Here was me thinking it was going to be as instant as flicking on a light switch, but apparently not! We're hoping by tomorrow afternoon everything will have fully transitioned and there will be no further errors but Dom is the man in the know re: technology so we'll get this sorted for you one way or another! Appreciate your patience with things and happy to hear that despite this the website is going down well, these bugs should be resolved very quickly we hope! :)

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Has anyone completed an order with the new website?

Holly and Dom and the web team are aware and are trying to fix my transaction error now. But I am just wondering if anyone here has already completed a transaction through the new store. And is it sale page jacket or other stuff? Just curious. I'll try a bit later. Turbulent times but some excellent deals for the ROW customers.
Yep, I ordered that fantastic looking size 46 Indian yesterday! It’s not showing as shipped yet but no big deal as I have the order# as going through so expect to see a DHL notification tomorrow sometime.

Last edited:

dwilson

A-List Customer
Interesting the models seem to be mostly standard issue looking hipsters. I guess I kind of always thought of Aero as more of like a dad jacket company. Maybe they're trying to change that. Either way the site itself looks great.

Bigbawz

New in Town
Oh, right. My mistake as I've just tried building a jacket through the order/customization menu and the price of the Highwayman did come out close to what TB is asking for one.

The new site is lovely and the customization is pretty fun. But why don't you bring back Luftwaffe jackets, though?
Did Aero ever do a "Luftwaffe" jacket ?
Asking from personal interest as I have never come across one ?

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Greatly improved… I feel like ordering a Daytona in the heaviest cx steerhide available …

CBI

One Too Many
superbly upgraded website that will certainly lead to more sales. Congratulations! I know creating a site can be a real challenge. I enjoyed the site with enthusiasm............however, Unless I am missing something, I sure wish one could see large photos of the jackets. The photo box is small IMO. I know there is a close up feature but it would be great to see a large image of the entire jacket and the detail photos. Maybe I am missing a feature. Still, a GREAT site to visit and order from!!!!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just tried to log in with my account on the new site, but the account is unknown.
I.e. I can no longer view my order history on the website.
Is it just me?

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Just tried to log in with my account on the new site, but the account is unknown.
I.e. I can no longer view my order history on the website.
Is it just me?
You need to set up a new account, I'm afraid we weren't able to transfer accounts to the new one. We are keeping the old sites database open for reference and archives so we will still have all your details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ