Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Zip Sleeve Bootlegger

Brown FQHH
Alcapa Lining
2 Inside G-1 Pockets
Zip Sleeves and Chest Pocket

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0591-1.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

HD

Last edited:

Tadite

Familiar Face
That's a heck of a jacket. I've been jumping back and forth on if I should make the jump. I'm a big fan of the bootlegger. Just a classic look but not so overly dramatic as some of the other Buco styles turn into. Totally agree with the zips that's the way to do it.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hi, VC:
Another killer from Aero. Really nice. I love that Bootlegger, and yours looks perfect. How many Aeros is that for you now? Six? Eight? I know--a man can never have too many Aeros.

Dav

One Too Many
Looks good HD, very good in fact. Did you make the sleeves a bit longer than on your Highwayman?
Enjoy breaking it in.

Last edited:

blethook

One of the Regulars
HD,

Nice one! So this is the one you ordered back in November?

I hope the weather is still cool enough to break in the Bootlegger. I have been thinking about the Bootlegger as a next jacket...but it's competing with the Stuart, Hercules, etc., etc., ... :)

Everytime I see someone with a new Aero, it makes me want to get another one :D

Windward

Practically Family
Another great jacket HD - looks real good on you even if you wear it open!! - love that colour and the marbled brushed effect of AERO FQHH

Last edited:

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Great choice HD.. love Aero's brown FQHH, there's nothing like it.. was debating between Highwayman and Bootlegger myself but went with a Highwayman.. I have to be honest, with all the Aero's you have I don't know how you find the time to break all these bad boys in!! It takes some work.. I recieved my Aero right around Christmas time, been wearing it every chance I could and it's just starting to soften up nicely.. now back to the closet till Fall!!

Looks good HD, very good in fact. Did you make the sleeves a bit longer than on your Highwayman?
Enjoy breaking it in.

Hi Dav
Sleeves are a little longer. My custom Highwayman sleeves are around 25 3/4"..perhaps were 26" when new(purchased new from sale page as try on return). I think normal standard length on size 40 is 24 1/2- 25 ". ..and body length of similar measurement. My Hywmn has standard body length.

IMG_0115.jpg

I had the new Bootlegger made with 26 1/4 sleeve and 26 1/2 body length. I'm 6'2" tall with aprox 34 or 34 1/2" shirtsleeve length. This batch of HH is very stiff...but IMO makes for greater charactor as it breaks in.

Thanks
HD

Last edited:
HD,

Nice one! So this is the one you ordered back in November?

I hope the weather is still cool enough to break in the Bootlegger. I have been thinking about the Bootlegger as a next jacket...but it's competing with the Stuart, Hercules, etc., etc., ... :)

Everytime I see someone with a new Aero, it makes me want to get another one :D

Hi blethook
Yep...I ordered it November 23. Seems Aero had several Holidays and vacations over the winter. Plus Will gave me a nice trade on a couple of jackets(from years ago) that just never did fit me quite right (one being a Aero 'Made for Levi' vintage HH Bootlegger style jacket) that was always just too trim for me. However..I did make it known to Amanda that I was in no great hurry for this jacket. I have had it now for a couple weeks. My patience has gotten better over the years.
I do understand your dilemma. Quite a few nice styles to choose from..then colors and hides. I like the style of the Stuart as well. Not too fond of sitting on a heavy longcoat..so my preference goes to jackets..but it is all good to have a choice.
I think that I am now to the point of being satisfied after trying several styles and fits since 2000 or 2001. The Highwayman was my first Aero jacket (notice I said..I think).;)
HD

Hi, VC:
Another killer from Aero. Really nice. I love that Bootlegger, and yours looks perfect. How many Aeros is that for you now? Six? Eight? I know--a man can never have too many Aeros.

Hi Buddy
Thanks! I've really enjoyed watching your jacket progression and creation over the last few years!
Well I have several Aero A2s...some Aero shearling...Longshoreman..Hwymn...and a few HalfBelts of different hides. I may be selling a couple soon. The Size 40 Black FQHH Longshoreman is a little too short for me sleevewize(aprox 24"or so)...and I have a very nice brown "Vintage HH" HB with Donegal tweed lining and two inside G-1 zip pockets that is a little on the trim/slim side for a 40 and only worn a few times...but these are for another day and thread.
HD

Chi-town
I am also partial to the Highwayman. It is just a comfortable style to wear(after a good break-in). I more often grab it rather than my HalfBelts while heading out the door. I've purchased many of my Aeros off of the sale page over the years..and luckily found some unique specimens along the way. I think Ken Calder used to list some just to bait me...seriously!
Well..some are broken in more than others. That's how it goes. There are always favorites in fit and style..then you trim the herd.:eusa_doh::D
HD

Last edited:

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
HD

That Bootlegger looks great - enjoy. Close to the perfect coat. Let me know if/when you decide to part with a few of your sz 40 Aeros (at 5'9" I'm betting that the coats that look/feel short on you will fit me perfectly!). Shipping to Chicago is a lot easier than Scotland too :)

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
I recieved my Aero right around Christmas time, been wearing it every chance I could and it's just starting to soften up nicely.. now back to the closet till Fall!!

You must be on the (far) Southside because here on the Northside it's been plenty chilly - my Aeros have gotten lots of use!

andy richards

Practically Family
That is a great looking jacket, HD.
Congratulations with this new purchase.
How do you experience the lining over there? Is it comfortable enough to wear it all year round?
Cheers,
Andy

That is a great looking jacket, HD.
Congratulations with this new purchase.
How do you experience the lining over there? Is it comfortable enough to wear it all year round?
Cheers,
Andy

Hi Andy
Well...I probably could if wearing a sweater or vest with it and if not continually out in the bitter cold. However..I'd probably opt for a shearling if 25 degrees and below. Then I usually switch to the B-6. Summertime...I might wear it up to about 45-55 degrees or so according to whether it's damp or rainy. For me the Alcapa is a good all around lining simply because most others that Aero offers aren't near as warm when it's needed. To me the heavy cotton drill is the worst for colder weather. Not much insulation with the open weave..although hard wearing...while some of the heavier tweeds seem just too warm for fairer weather.
HD

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Really nice jacket, i love the color and the leather does indeed look superb.
Fit seems perfect and the style really fits you very good.
Don´t you just love the zipsleeves? I enjoy mine everytime I wear it, and it does really help
to snug it up if it is windy and it also works to open it up if its a little warmer, the air gets in and cools the arm down some.
I dont remember if you have any other Aero zipsleeve-jacket, but I recommend using it zipped up completely until break-in
then you will get nicer creases (IMHO)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy