Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Zip Sleeve Highwayman, LOVE IT!!!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Thanks for the comments, guys! I will let you know Cooperson, I'm also interested in how the jacket will look and fit once worn a while.. Looks like I'll also have to break in the lining, not just the jacket! I'm sure the fit will be quite different once the leather has relaxed.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
More pics, taken in daylight by a friend of mine...

photo_zps42a18dc7.jpg

image_zps344544dc.jpeg

image1_zps37d28e35.jpeg

image2_zps4d60d789.jpeg

I have to say the fit is great and the jacket is starting to break in a bit. The jacket leaves a bit of growing room, yet feels snug when I wear it. It doesn't fit loose or baggy at all. The brown almost looks like cordovan in the pictures, but it really is brown steerhide. Overall this is just the perfect jacket imaginable, for me. I couldn't ask for anything more :) (yet I do...)

wdw

One Too Many
Great fit. I'd say the back and sleeve lengths are perfect, so hopefully you're ok with them now.

Windward

Practically Family
Size 38 came in 4,5 KG ?? WOW imagine the weight for my 46 size --- 7 kg ????
Hey Worf do you dare?

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Size 38 came in 4,5 KG ?? WOW imagine the weight for my 46 size --- 7 kg ????
Hey Worf do you dare?

4.5oz steerhide, added body & sleeve length, cord lined sleeves, strome weight Tartan.. All factors that weigh in :) I'm not exactly sure it's 4.5kg, though. That's what it said on the shipment invoice but some of that weight is from the box it came in. I'll measure sometime.

Already looks better. And that's a fantastic fit, you couldn't have hoped for a better sleeve length. I would say you've found your perfect jacket, but I know that the quest never ends... :) Wear it in good health!

BTW, what are those engineers?

mendelboaz

One Too Many
@all Thank you for the kind words! It's what I love so much about the community here, gentlemen complimenting eachother on their snazzy outfits and discussing leathers, fedoras & the like.

@Monitor Thank you, I will! Wonder how it'll look in a year... :) Those engineers are Chippewa Steel-toed "Street Warriors", 11". I got them during my trip to NYC last Summer.

@Monitor Thank you, I will! Wonder how it'll look in a year... :) Those engineers are Chippewa Steel-toed "Street Warriors", 11". I got them during my trip to NYC last Summer.

I thought those might be Chippewas - or rather, I hoped so because that would mean one could buy a pair of decent Engineer boots in Europe, but no such luck, huh. :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
This style really looks super in the steerhide. My first one that was too short was in steerhide and it was another world from the "flimsy" horse. If I ever get rich I might get anotherone in steer.

Looks like you needed the 0.5 in the collar. My first one didnt even fold over so it covered the seem because of the heavyness of the leather. My second one in horse didnt really need it but it sure looks like you benefitted from it :)

It looks great, leather looks dynamite as did mine and its so cool.
Personally I wouldnt care for the cordovan in the sleeves, mine is very snug as it is and I usually wear it fully zipped, but its very luxurious and should add warmth on the cold days. I have it in all my pockets on mine.

Its gonna take a while to breakin - dont give up!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
This style really looks super in the steerhide. My first one that was too short was in steerhide and it was another world from the "flimsy" horse. If I ever get rich I might get anotherone in steer.

Looks like you needed the 0.5 in the collar. My first one didnt even fold over so it covered the seem because of the heavyness of the leather. My second one in horse didnt really need it but it sure looks like you benefitted from it :)

It looks great, leather looks dynamite as did mine and its so cool.
Personally I wouldnt care for the cordovan in the sleeves, mine is very snug as it is and I usually wear it fully zipped, but its very luxurious and should add warmth on the cold days. I have it in all my pockets on mine.

Its gonna take a while to breakin - dont give up!

Thanks, Griff! I'm getting a 38-1711-p this October in FQHH so I'm really curious as to how different it feels from the steerhide in a jacket; the steer & horse samples felt pretty much the same.

The corduroy does feel amazingly luxurious in the sleeves but it makes the sleeves hard to zip up, they won't zip up all the way and it puts a lot of stress on the cord I think. Nontheless, I know it will be swell this winter.

We're experiencing heavy rain and the occasional summer breeze right now so luckily I can already start breaking it in!

Drax

New in Town
How tall are you Mendelboaz if you don't mind me asking? The length of the jacket throughout looks perfect.

That brown steerhide looks as though it is going to age like marbled chocolate. I want one.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24