Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new and somewhat broke in now

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlund

New in Town
Hello everyone! I have been reading here but was not registered for a few weeks and my buddy and i have really got the bug for hats and having extreme fun. I just learned my first lesson in hat buying or hat NOT buying, however you want to look at it. There is this hat dealer that i found on ebay. My bid did not reach the reserve on the item he was claiming to be junk, then he switched me to a bespoke. He sent me a hat 2 sizes too large, then promised me a very special hat with certain colors brim size lining and after about a total 30 some days he sent me a partial refund and a hat that was nothing i wanted. And i mean NOTHING . The call i made after a month of not receiving my hat yet, he just read me the riot act for rushing him during his time of child birth, hell i didn't at the time even know how long a hat takes to make, let alone the fact i was not even hinting a rush job. So, i guess that sucks but I got my first hat coming from Robert(panama) now. I understand i am doubly happy for the fact that Art Fawcett is going to be the one putting the finishing touches on it. I am VERY excited let me tell ya. I believe it could be the Danbury shakes. Thanks J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
The old bait and switch....

How much was he charging you and how many XXXX"s did he say the felt was ?

If you used a charge card send his hat back and call your charge card company and get a refund.

Welcome to the The Fedora Lounge we have some great and honest hatters here.

S

Samsa

Sorry to hear that you got swindled! I'll add that to my list of reasons NOT to solicit the services of this particular hatter.

Hopefully your future hat buying endeavors will be much more pleasant. Welcome to the Lounge!

Feraud

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge.
jlund said:
I just learned my first lesson in hat buying or hat NOT buying, however you want to look at it.
Consider it a lesson learnt. Most of us have probably had similar experiences.

You will be very happy with your purchase from Panamabob.

doggieboy

New in Town
Sorry you were burned.

I noticed one thing has changed. Several months ago he used to say that he was a Borsalino dealer, then he would trash their hats. No ethical person would do such a thing, so I decided to spend my money someplace else. Maybe someone called him on the dealer story.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
it use to be said during surveys that the most UNTRUSTED people were politicians, lawyers and at the very bottom....used car salesmen.....but now there is a new category under those folks....BANISHED HATTERS FROM THE FEDORA LOUNGE...

sorry you had to cross paths with the evil one...Roger's Raiders can;t save everyone...

mark the shoeshine boy

Don't be bad mouthing politicians and lawyers, Mark. It's just that 90 percent of 'em that make all the rest look bad, you know.
Ain't it interesting that a new guy tells a tale of woe regarding a person he had the misfortune to encounter on eBay, and people here instantly know who he's talking about? Talk about building a reputation.

riflegunbuilder

New in Town
I had a phone conversation with YKW about a year ago. He is pompous and self promoting, if nothing else. I guess I am still a "member" of his saloon I guess; never figured out how to resign.

Proffesional...

tonyb said:
Don't be bad mouthing politicians and lawyers, Mark. It's just that 90 percent of 'em that make all the rest look bad, you know. Ain't it interesting that a new guy tells a tale of woe regarding a person he had the misfortune to encounter on eBay, and people here instantly know who he's talking about? Talk about building a reputation.
Why won't rattlesnakes bite lawyers? Proffessional courtesy!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A sick POS...

He really is a piece of work. He took "My Name Sharpetoys" and signed me up as a member of his forum Then he makes a phoney post to himself as me... I guess so he can answer himself or try to stir up his members... What a joke...Sad little man...

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
I noticed that. I knew it wasn't the real Sharpetoys, because everypost I have ever seen you do, the words have been spelled correctly.

His new fake post has plenty of spelling and grammatical errors. Probaly due to in-breeding. Break out those banjos !!! lol lol lol

mark tssb

Feraud

Bartender
SHARPETOYS said:
He really is a piece of work. He took "My Name Sharpetoys" and signed me up as a member of his forum Then he makes a phoney post to himself as me... I guess so he can answer himself or try to stir up his members... What a joke...Sad little man...
That is the behavior of a very disturbed person.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
My situayshon

cooncatbob said:
Sounds like you had a run in with he who must not be named. LOL
Bob.

I think I waited nearly 12 months .. a few abusive emails ...disappeared from eBay and then it finally arrived and the postage charged was USD50 and USD12 on the stamp!

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Samsa said:
Sorry to hear that you got swindled! I'll add that to my list of reasons NOT to solicit the services of this particular hatter.

Hopefully your future hat buying endeavors will be much more pleasant. Welcome to the Lounge!

Or perhaps, more appropriately Samsa, you mean to say Swindalled...and to think that long ago, I almost bought a custom hat from that fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass