Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Badalassi_Cowhide A-2 from Good Wear

Ishmael, this phenomenon of the Badalassi leather darkening over time is very intriguing to me. Do you know if it's the same with their whole line, or only the mid-tone leathers? the Lofgren boots seem to age / tone down so beautifully. I'm wondering if I chose a darker color if it would stay the same or end up eventually being black (otensia/ Petrolio to be specific).
Thanks, and nice boots by the way!

Ishmael

Practically Family
I don't really know, and was actually wondering the same thing myself.

I suspect that it's not really possible for the Tobacco, the color in Butte's original post, to change as much as the Cognac or Ortensia.

Here is a pic of the Grigio after a few months wear (before, right / after, left). Perhaps the Tobacco would age in a similar manner?

Ish. Great boots!
I have a pair of RRL boots I'll show before and after pics of.
Started similarly to your boots and aging great. Not as dark as yours but getting there v

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Color change with those orangey cognac leathers can be quite dramatic. I have a pair of Frye Arkansas in cognac that darkened significantly.

Looking forward to the pics Butte!

When new:

cd9ed7903b06faee59feeccf76b516fb.jpg

After 7 months:

boots2.jpg

Nice boots, Butte. Definitely better aged, though.

They're just like a baseball glove or a belt in the same leather. They look pretty boring new, but then they come alive with age/wear. They're also very thick but soft and I can wear them for 12 hours of walking with no trouble. They're RRL and every bit as good as any top boot out there. I was shocked really when I got them. They match my Gustin wallet and my belt perfectly now.

wdw

One Too Many
I was in the RRL store in Greenwich Village last month and I'm sure they were selling second hand loggers at about $600 or more. They have some nice stuff there, but very pricey and I don't think the leather jackets are comparable to the much cheaper usual suspects.

I was in the RRL store in Greenwich Village last month and I'm sure they were selling second hand loggers at about $600 or more. They have some nice stuff there, but very pricey and I don't think the leather jackets are comparable to the much cheaper usual suspects.

Haha. Yeah, I got those for $150! In box. Never pay retail :)

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Damm nice boots Butte & Ishmael
Im referring to the after pics.
please bump & repost in another 6/7 months.
good info shared

Edward

Bartender
I have to chuckle at how time changes things: it doesn't seem five minutes ago that steer was widely sneered at for A2s. Eastman have certainly changed the game a bit there with their research! That Goodwear looks great, really nice hide. Interesting to see it being talked about almost as much as Horween now.

Not a jacket, but I thought there might be some interest here in how the Badalassi ages, so here are some before and after pics of my Badalassi boots.

These are John Lofgren engineers in Badalassi cognac.

Before

After (8 months, 4 months wear)

That's quite a change in colour. Do you use a slightly darker polish, or is that just how it goes?

I have to chuckle at how time changes things: it doesn't seem five minutes ago that steer was widely sneered at for A2s. Eastman have certainly changed the game a bit there with their research! That Goodwear looks great, really nice hide. Interesting to see it being talked about almost as much as Horween now.

That's quite a change in colour. Do you use a slightly darker polish, or is that just how it goes?

No, that's not totally correct. Steer was snubbed for not being "authentic" to the A-2 reproductions world. I don't think I ever hear a general "cows suck" in the jacket world. Certainly horse is more "exotic" if in myth only, but I for one have never veered far from the lovely cow on my back. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn