Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bonnie and Clyde... what do you think?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Faye Dunaway was just getting her feet wet in acting when she was cast in B&C.

Just sayin'. [huh]

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I will NOT go off on my remake rant, I will NOT go off on my remake rant, I will NOT go off on my remake rant....*takes deep breath*

All I will say is this, I don't mind her, but It could be SOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse.It could Be Miley Cyrus or *shudder* Ashleigh Tisdale.

Feraud

Bartender
Tomasso said:
Faye Dunaway was just getting her feet wet in acting when she was cast in B&C.

Just sayin'. [huh]
Very good point. Most people are unaware of the many models, girlfriends, pretty faces standing in lines at grocery stores, and dancing girls were cast in pictures based on their looks only to later be considered legitimate actresses. Everyone starts somewhere.

Considering remakes have been around nearly as long as film itself, I'd say either Hollywood was never very creative ( a definite possibility) or remakes are part and parcel of the overall history of film making.

Having said all that, I suspect this will stink! ;)

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday said:
Well, the original is all but unwatchable, so why would a remake be any different.
The collective good taste and wisdom of the IMDB says the original is great so it must be, right?

(IMDB top 250 films lists the Matrix at number 30 and The Philadelphia Story at number 234).

Charlz

Familiar Face
Good Lord, say it isn't so. What next?!?! Will Pee Wee Herman play Steve Mcqueen's Capt. Hilts in a remake of the Great Escape? I can see the the little weirdo riding his bike as the Nazis chase him into the barbed wire. For the sake of all that is holy...:eek:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Charlz said:
Good Lord, say it isn't so. What next?!?! Will Pee Wee Herman play Steve Mcqueen's Capt. Hilts in a remake of the Great Escape? I can see the the little weirdo riding his bike as the Nazis chase him into the barbed wire. For the sake of all that is holy...:eek:
lol

You have a point, tho. Remakes don't happen unless there is a box office name. The point of remaking B&C may be B&C or it may be Hilary Duff, but without the Hilary interest no one will even schedule a lunch meeting.

The director is one Tonya S. Holly, whose last pic apparently was about a little girl and a cute dog and is labeled FAMILY APPROVED. This and Hilary's rep as a kid star are not good signs. Not NOT NOT.

I can't help wondering what a 30s nut like Terry Zwigoff could have done with B&C. There'd have been all kinda off-looking character actors, King-James-chapter-and-verse period roots music, and loads of quiet hipster irony amid the sex 'n violence. And Chloë Sevigny as Bonnie Parker. Mmmmm.
chloe-sevigny.jpg
bonnie-parker.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo