Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Borsalino

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This came last night. I have to say that the Borsalinos are becoming my favorite. They are made very well and for the exception of one they all fit and feel fantastic.
th_DSCN3185.jpg
th_DSCN3184.jpg
th_DSCN3183.jpg
th_DSCN3197.jpg
th_DSCN3196.jpg
th_DSCN3194.jpg
th_DSCN3195.jpg
th_DSCN3202.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Dang Douglas, they just keep coming and coming. I swear you don't have a bad one in the bunch. That one looks very soft and cozy. I bet it keeps the knoggin wam on a brisk day too. Very nice indeed!:eusa_clap
My favorite is still the green Borsalino though.;)

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

Daniel Jones, you are corrct sir it is very soft and comfortable.It is light weight. Damon I will let you know.

RBH

Bartender
Great hat Douglas !

Looks great on you. I love the looks of the thin ribbon and bound edge, I also like the way the crown is bashed.
After seeing this Borsa on you I will now have to be on the lookout for one.
Thanks for sharing...

Tony in Tarzana

Ah yes, the Borsalino Open Road! I have one as well, and it's styled exactly like an Open Road but in that wonderfully soft Borsalino felt. So easy to shape I sometimes go from a c-crown to a center-dent to a Cattleman's crease in the same afternoon, as the mood strikes.

DOUGLAS

Mauriciogray, I spend a lot of time looking. Even after that some times me guard is let down for a second and that is all it takes for someone else to get it.

Razzman

One Too Many
Very nice indeed. A great find. As always it looks good on you. Congratulations. :eusa_clap I too have a similar Borsalino purchased on OFAS. A very light grey in color with a similar ribbon. It is lightweight, very soft and quite pliable.

deanglen

DOUGLAS said:
This came last night. I have to say that the Borsalinos are becoming my favorite. They are made very well and for the exception of one they all fit and feel fantastic.

Borsalinos are so sharp looking. I think I'd save up for one before an Open Road, and I used to be obesssed with them.

dean

deanglen

Tony in Tarzana said:
Ah yes, the Borsalino Open Road! I have one as well, and it's styled exactly like an Open Road but in that wonderfully soft Borsalino felt. So easy to shape I sometimes go from a c-crown to a center-dent to a Cattleman's crease in the same afternoon, as the mood strikes.

Should have read this thread more fully. Now it appears I can have both hats in one. Wouldn't you know. And without that stiff felt.

dean

DOUGLAS

Dean I think you would like this type. It is real easy wearing. Don't discount an Open Road though I have one that is very soft and east to syle . I waiting to find a nice one for myself.

astaire

One of the Regulars
Douglas, on my last count, you have 1.297 hats. :D All very nice!:eusa_clap

Speaking of Stetson versus Borsalino, i was dissapointed my my first and only Stetson. It is a royal deluxe and yet the felt is very stiff compared to my borsalino, Knox and Dobbs hats. And the size was also small eventhough they're all 7-1/4. Did i just get unlucky on this one? Eversince i got this stetson, i told myself never to get another one..

I hope i haven't offended any Stetson fans...

qwerty

Familiar Face
Douglas, why do you crease the crown in such a rough way. It seems to me that that hat deserves more respect than what you are giving it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran