Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Cap

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
I need opinions. I have been wanting to try this style of cap for a while, and was on the verge of ordering one from Hanna Hats in Ireland. The thing is $50.00 is a lot to spend if your not sure if you'll like it. So I orderd this Jaxon herringbone ivy cap for $12.00. The quality of the cap is a lot better than I expected. The only thing I dislike about it is they only have sizes S, M, L, but Hanna is the same way. I order the small because the last Jaxon hat I ordered (wool Porkpie) in Med, was way to big, but can be fixed with something behind the sweatband. In this case I tought there would be no way I could downsize, but if it was too tight I might could stretch it. It feels like it fits, it's very comfortable, and will actually be a little more loose when I get my hair cut this weekend. So anyway here's a couple of pics. What do you think?

3200836372_db733ed4b6_m.jpg

3200836222_fee9e9c0b1_m.jpg

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I love flat caps, I have tons of them. Based on the pictures, I think they suit you very well.

My favorite flat cap that I own is a Jonathan Richard of Ireland.

Also, lots of people say those Jaxon's turn out to be nicer than they thought they would be for the price asked.[huh]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The cap looks good on you.

D.W. Suratt said:
The only thing I dislike about it is they only have sizes S, M, L, but Hanna is the same way.
I don't think any RTW cap maker sizes to the 1/8th inch. All the caps I've ever seen have been sized S-M-L-XL-etc.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
D.W. I guess it looks ok, but, it appears as if you're about to take somebody out to the woodshed for a little talk.:eek:

Perhaps a different pix would compliment the hat. I am sure it would look great.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Carlisle Blues said:
D.W. I guess it looks ok, but, it appears as if you're about to take somebody out to the woodshed for a little talk.:eek:

Perhaps a different pix would compliment the hat. I am sure it would look great.

It's a Douglas of the cap variety!;)

dean

HatFan

New in Town
I like it! But I do recommend the Hanna Hats, you will be very happy with the quality. You can get them cheaper than at the Hanna site, I got mine from Noggintops.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
You can get a Hanna for about $31, shipped, on e-bay. The sizes run different than U.S. supposedly. For a 7-3/8 (23"), Hanna's site says Medium. So, I ordered a Medium , but it was a little snug. I stretched it a few times, gently, while on my knee, pulling around on the band. Seemed to work pretty well, it's a perfect fit now. Since each is individually made, I think there will be variance in actual sizes, so buyer beware. I think a place like NogginTops will measure the band for you. The e-bayer I bought mine from is in Ireland, they appear to sell plenty of them. they will refund/exchange, so even if you get the size wrong it could be cheaper.

Your cap looks great! The stingy in the avatar looks great on as well. Between you and Indycop, I'm just glad I'm not a bad guy in your jurisdictions. Probably should add...I'm not a "bad guy" in any jurisdiction.

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys, since everone seems to agree that I look ok in it, I went ahead and ordered the brown one too. I will check on the NogginTop price for the Hanna.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Unless I'm using the currency converter wrong, it appears that the caps at Hanna Hats are about 7 dollars (USD) cheaper than the same caps at NogginTops?

HatFan

New in Town
D.W. Suratt said:
I believe you are right Dewhurst. I think they go for about $48 direct from Hanna. Also I believe that price includes shipping.
You may be right, when I was in the market, the exchange rate was much worse than it is now.

Goose.

Practically Family
D.W. Suratt said:
Thanks guys, since everone seems to agree that I look ok in it, I went ahead and ordered the brown one too. I will check on the NogginTop price for the Hanna.
Yep. Looks natural on ya to me.

I wear flat Kangols when it's chilly and like 'em for the comfort...plus they are easy to slip under my jacket or vest when riding a scoot or while in a restaraunt. Have a black and a red one that I favor. Plus a red Ventair that I've only worn a few times.

Anyway, back to YOU. It looks good. Looking forward to pics of the brown when ya get it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff