Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Fella with the bug

Muzz

New in Town
Hello, I'm yet another newbie here. I stumbled into hat wearing just this month. I had a fedora as a kid and just loved it. Remembering this recently, I went to Byrnie Utz here in Seattle and bought a cheap litefelt fedora thinking it would be fun to wear sometimes. Well sometimes never happened, and I haven't left the house without it since. Realizing how much I like wearing a fedora, I decided to get a vintage one. I won a "Knox Twenty" on ebay just the other day, and I'm hoping this is a good start to vintage hat accumulation.

Do any of you aficionados have recommendations for future hats, brands, and styles to look out for?

Auction Pics...
newhat2.jpg

newhat1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
knox made nice hats. could you post a picture, or the link to the finished aucion?

as far as styles go- just get what you like.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
I'm sooooo sorry!

I feel for you brother. I caught the bug last fall, and now 10+ vintage hats and several new hats later I think I've finally achieved homeostasis. I'm sure that there is a 12 step program out there for us.

Welcome to the Lounge. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a drink, and enjoy the company.

Cheers,

RC

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome aboard Sir, you have truly furthered your addiction by joining the ( us) others with the affliction..I don't think it's curable but what the heck...

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Heh, same boat I'm in, except you own 100% more hats that I. lol

I can already tell that's not going to last long…

canucklehead

New in Town
Looks like you've got a great start to your collection. Is that a very high-crowned number with a shallow bash or is the ribbon narrower than I'm thinking it is?

My most recent win was a Knox twenty and I must say they're beautiful hats. Wear it proudly.

-Mike

WEEGEE

Practically Family
The Knox 20

I really like the Knox Twenty nice felt and cav edge.

Muzz,

At some point after the moths have lost their way to your wallet...Do
get a custom hat . I have side by side a 40's brown Stetson Whippet (great hat) and an Art Fawcett "Hoosier" model (mind Art's is 100% beaver) IMHO... Art's hats can't be beat!!!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Muzz said:
I can sense the moths are ready to fly from my wallet! I'm going to look for jackets to match my hats!

No kidding, the jackets are just as addictive as the fedora's and generally more expensive. Hope you have a good job.

Welcome to the hataholic and jackaholics hangout.

fedoralover

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Pull up a stool and stay a while...

Welcome to the Lounge. You could have done a lot worse than a Knox 20 to start. Damn fine hat. In fact, that's a Knox 20 I have on in my avatar, and it stays in my main rotation.

Muzz

New in Town
Custom?

WEEGEE said:
I really like the Knox Twenty nice felt and cav edge.

Muzz,

At some point after the moths have lost their way to your wallet...Do
get a custom hat . I have side by side a 40's brown Stetson Whippet (great hat) and an Art Fawcett "Hoosier" model (mind Art's is 100% beaver) IMHO... Art's hats can't be beat!!!

Who is this Art Fawcett? I would love a custom hat. I am having trouble finding a good center crease with a 2 1/4" brim. I was looking at the Beaver Brand custom options at The Fedora Store, are they a good value for the money?

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Muzz said:
Do any of you aficionados have recommendations for future hats, brands, and styles to look out for?

Hi Muzz.

If you are looking for new, down here in Portland there is a Milliner by the name of Pinkham. She is *brilliant*, and expensive. Her site doesn't show much in the way of men's, but if you go in her store front, she features plenty, one more handsome than the next. She does a lot of custom work too. It's worth a stop in just to drool when you are in town, and see which styles suit you and your face the best. Cheers.

http://www.pinkhammillinery.com/index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy