Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Gieves and Hawks - Ridiculous!

Dickie

New in Town
I was perusing the new Gieves and Hawkes A/W collection, which I have to say was generally quite nice (though out of my price range), when I came accross this -

http://www.gievesandhawkes.com/en/g.../?pagenumber=7&rowsperpage=1&_pagestatus=view

Is it just me or is this preposterous. It takes a few seconds for the pink slippers to register as the gold sash with tassels rather steals the eye to begin with!

:) :) :)

ps. a hat in sight :(

Micawber

A-List Customer
I can't say it does a lot for me, nor would it do much for me if anyone was able to convince me to try it on lol

Much more my kind of thing is the off the peg Gieves & Hawkes tweed suit of mine that my wife currently has for auction on ebay (with my blessing I might add) as she thinks my wardrobe needs thinning out.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Its fashion.

Something for everyone. Just because it's not your style, doesn't mean it isn't someone elses.

If people only sold what you want to buy...then you would complain that everyone looked the same and was copying you.

lol

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Indeed it is fashion...it's certainly not stylish.

Hot pink...what were they thinking?

Barbie, your slippers have arrived, complete with androgynous model.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Miss Neecerie said:
Its fashion.
That's the point. G&H was never a fashion house, as they dealt in traditional men's clothing. Previous associates at No.1 Savile Row are spinning in their graves. BTW, I hear that the predecessors at No.8 are in for a spin as well.:eek:

Dickie

New in Town
Quite so - if you look at the rest of the stuff in previous collections it's all fairly normal and very stylish stuff that I'd love to have in my wardrobe... They do seem to be moving in the direction of 'fashion'...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic