Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Good Wear Russet Aniline, Aero-{Acme} 42-18775-P

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Got this beauty last week, from John. It's everything I asked for and a perfect fit! Attention to detail and construction is impeccable. This is JC's latest batch of Russet Aniline HH and the best to date, IMO. Beautiful graining throughout. The new rust-red knits are just right, as well.

Brian

P1010004-4.jpg

P1010005-2.jpg

P1010011-3.jpg

P1010001-3.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

Looks slightly less reddish than the previous batches. Very nice.

Windward

Practically Family
Two at the same time...? unbelievable...you lucky guy! Both looks great and fits you very well - perfect body lenght as well - congrats.
A few close-up pics would be great - thanks for sharing.

Edward

Bartender
Love the rust knits with the russet hide. Are there any known examples of jackets with that combination having been issued?

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Excellent jacket, Brian. Fits you great. You're amassing quite a collection of Goodwears!

On this question of ever having seen an original Aero issued with the russet/rust knits, I've got a related question: has anyone ever seen the rusty-kint Aero in original wartime photos at all?! I know it was issued quite a bit, have seen some black and white examples, but to this day I have still never seen the Aero caught in color, either in period photos or on any movie set. Thoughts?

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Excellent jacket, Brian. Fits you great. You're amassing quite a collection of Goodwears!

On this question of ever having seen an original Aero issued with the russet/rust knits, I've got a related question: has anyone ever seen the rusty-kint Aero in original wartime photos at all?! I know it was issued quite a bit, have seen some black and white examples, but to this day I have still never seen the Aero caught in color, either in period photos or on any movie set. Thoughts?

Nope, haven't seen one in a vintage pic. I'll ask JC if he has one or perhaps Andrew Swatland can chime in.

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace