Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2 42-18775-P

Cocker

Practically Family
Hello folks,

Well, after 15 weeks of waiting, I received my A-2 from Aero this Monday. It's been more than 10 years since I wanted an A-2 jacket, but it's been delayed until now mostly for money reason. I'd say this is a good thing, seen I've discovered TFL in the meantime, and learned a LOT of valuable informations about these, the difference in the contracts, how to measure yourself accurately, the difference in leather and so on. My choice went to Aero as they were offering custom sleeve and body length, and I heard so much good things about their customer service and their leather.

So, on the 25st of January, after tons of email with Holly (thank you again for your help and your patience!), I went for a 42-18775-P in size 42, darl seal jerky hh with 27.5 inches body and 28.5 inches sleeves, with rust knits. Nothing too fancy, but I wanted a "simple" A-2. Needless to say, I was eager to receive it, and boy was the wait worth it!

When I opened the box, i was STUNNED by the leather quality, its grain, the deep brown color, and the smell. I had my moments of doubt about the rust knits, as some pictures show them to be almost bright red, but they do look really nice in real, and feel solid.

So the next step was to try it out! It's my first custom ordered jacket, so I hoped I got my measurements right. And apparently, they were! The jacket is fitting exactly how I wanted it to fit, quite snug, with just enough space to put a light sweater under it, and just long enough to cover my belt. The sleeve length was spot on! Once again, Holly proved invaluable in her advises about the model and the sizing.

The only two downsides I found are the arm holes a bit high and snug (but this is already feeling better after wearing the jacket for a couple hours!) and a small scratch in the leather on the right pocket.

Well, enough words, here are a couple pictures, taken with my phone in natural light. I'll update the post tomorrow with a couple fit pics!

Edit: the pictures just don't do justice to the color of the leather and the knits!

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
27.5" body length to cover just your belt? Whoaaa dude. The Mountain@TFL confirmed. #MountainwearsAero#Hesreal#GOT :D :D

Jacket looks great so far, looking forward to more detail pictures! I currently have a project with rust knits in development myself, looks great and a nice contrast to the leather as opposed to similarily seal brown knits. Great choice!

Cocker

Practically Family
27.5" body length to cover just your belt? Whoaaa dude. The Mountain@TFL confirmed. #MountainwearsAero#Hesreal#GOT :D :D

Hahaha! As you can tell from the 42 size tag, I'm not even near the guy! But that what's needed when standing at 6'4"!

@nick123 , thanks, even to me the measurements seemed awefully long, but the result is near perfect. Got a very little bit of tunneling, but at least my wrist are not exposed when I drive!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
That's a beauty. You can see the quality in the photos.

I am also realizing that my A-2 actually does fit me properly. Most of my clothing is oversized, and when I got my A-2 a couple of years ago after I stopped riding regularly, I thought it was too small/snug. But after looking at many A-2 pictures on FL, I realize that my A-2 is perhaps the only leather I have that fits exactly right.

Of course, it doesn't help that most of my leather jackets were purchased to fit over a bunch of clothing, as I used to ride all year long, down into sub-freezing temperatures. This results in those jackets being a bit too roomy with just a single layer under them.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Seriously beautiful A-2, I really like the rust knits - those would be my choice with seal. Is that seal Vicenza by the way?

As others have said, wear the absolute hell out of it, it'll just look better and better.

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
That's a belter of a jacket Crocker! Can I ask what chest size you are? I'm generally a 44 chest but have sized up in my order (the one I ranted about earlier.....!). Being tall with quite a long jacket, do you find it bags up a little with the waist knits?

Garry

Cocker

Practically Family
Thanks for the comment, guys!

@Smithy , nope, it's just your regular dark seal jerky horsehide! Didn't want to go on anything "fancy" as I thought it would not match the WW2 contracts.

@Insomnia , this is the only barber shop I've been to, and I'd never want to go anywhere else. The owner's crazy, as well as his two co-workers, the music is good, the set is just looking like an over-the-top 50's place, and the beer is always cold! There's been dozens of barber shops spawning everywhere now, but Cap Jo is doing this for a long time, and he really loves what he's doing. The team is really passionate about their work, and they always make you feel like you're at home.

Now, to wear the hell out of it!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comment, guys!

@Smithy , nope, it's just your regular dark seal jerky horsehide! Didn't want to go on anything "fancy" as I thought it would not match the WW2 contracts.

@Insomnia , this is the only barber shop I've been to, and I'd never want to go anywhere else. The owner's crazy, as well as his two co-workers, the music is good, the set is just looking like an over-the-top 50's place, and the beer is always cold! There's been dozens of barber shops spawning everywhere now, but Cap Jo is doing this for a long time, and he really loves what he's doing. The team is really passionate about their work, and they always make you feel like you're at home.

Now, to wear the hell out of it!

If only I had more hair :)

Cocker

Practically Family
If only I had more hair :)

You still have the second option: grow a beard! :-D

@Lord Flashheart , my chest measurements are 41.5' for relaxed chest, 43.5 for expanded chest. My first idea was to go for a 44 jacket, but Holly told me that for a 42-18775, a 42 would fit snugly without being too tight, and she was right! I didn't notice any bagginess due to the knits. Sure, when bending over and getting straight up, the jacket might rise a little, but that's it, nothing I hadn't experienced with my Alpha L2.

You still have the second option: grow a beard! :-D

Works for me!!!

IMG_0899.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy