Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Greta Garbo Documentary on TCM

Vanessa

One Too Many
From the Turner Classic Movies site:

"Next Month on TCM - September 2005:

Star of the Month: Greta Garbo
To celebrate what would have been Greta Garbo's 100th birthday in September, TCM has chosen the iconic actress as our Star of the Month and presents the premiere of the original documentary Garbo (2005). Since we have all of the American films of Greta Garbo in our extensive TCM library, we're delighted to be able to bring you the most comprehensive retrospective of this great star that has ever been shown in one place before. When you watch her films, and the fascinating new documentary by Kevin Brownlow, you'll readily see why it's such a loss that Garbo retired from the screen at such an early age. The work she did do so matchlessly over a 17-year period does still exist, and you can enjoy it all month long In September on TCM - presented in striking prints which look as if the films were made last week."

It premieres Sept 6th.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Darn it! I'll be gone! Hopefully there will be another rerun... or I can coax one of my roomates to tape it for me.

Lana

New in Town
I have always enjoyed Greta's films. It's a pity she didn't make anymore after 1941.

I did see the documentary, it was quite good. I would recommend it for anyone who is a fan of hers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy