Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New guy here...

chum

Familiar Face
First off...just want to state that "I love Fedoras"! If I had my way, it would be like the "old days" where a man was considered not properly dressed if he was not wearing a hat! Winter or summer! I am 53 years young and have many fond memories and pics of my dad and grandpa wearing their fedoras.
I must admit that it was the Indiana Jones movies which brought these memories back to me. I went to a dowtown St. Louis hat store (Levine Hat Company) and purchased a good used Stetson Mallory and after all the Who do you think you are? Indiana Jones? comments, I went and bought a nice black Colombo by Selentino.
I repair copiers for a living and am required to wear my comany's jacket. I wear the black fedora with it during the fall and winter...get some funny looks but who cares! At least the only comments I got were "I love your hat"!

chum

Familiar Face
RBH said:
Welcome aboard!!!
you will find we love photos here! So please post away!!

I will have to get some of the photos from my sister and scan them...this may take a while, but I will do it!
Thanks for the welcome!

Duper

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge Chum! In the last year the post man has delivered over a dozen fedoras to my home. Caution,,,This can be very addictive!;)

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Welcome Chum

THE CHUM SONG

Being a chum is fun,
That is why I’m one,
Always smiling, always gay,
Chummy at work and chummy at play,
Laugh away your worries,
Don’t be sad and glum,
And eveyone will know that you’re a
Chum, chum, chum

(based on a 1920's Scottish children's song and popularised by Australia's Graham Kennedy).

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Welcome. I am new as well. Everyone (especially ladies, including my lovely wife) is so supportive and complimenting of my moving to Fedora-wearing, I think they must just really enhance the look of any guy, Even if you have to wear a company jacket. Maybe this is why until a few decades ago it was almost required.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome Chum and R.L.! Good to have you here; lots of info and fun here. And, as RBH said up front, we love photos so "show 'em if you got 'em"!

chum

Familiar Face
Ephraim Tutt said:
THE CHUM SONG

Being a chum is fun,
That is why I’m one,
Always smiling, always gay,
Chummy at work and chummy at play,
Laugh away your worries,
Don’t be sad and glum,
And eveyone will know that you’re a
Chum, chum, chum

(based on a 1920's Scottish children's song and popularised by Australia's Graham Kennedy).

Love "THE CHUM SONG"! Thanks!

A little history of my chosen name(used in every forum I join)...
When my Wife and I first met we were once watching cartoons together and the old "heckle and jeckle" cartoon was on. One of the birds always called the other one chum! I was teasing her, and started calling her Chum! She started calling me that as well...this has gone on for 31 years!
We named our first family pet (a beautifull silver tabby cat that found us and stayed with us for 17 years) Chum!
Our friends that we cherish we call "Honorary Chums"!...it goes on and on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24