Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New guy with small collection....

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Hello! I'm a new guy on the block, and after lurking for a few months, I thought I'd jump in! :D

Here's a pic of my small hat collection (well, the one's I could readily find ;) )...

S6300692.jpg

I know that one is a Dobbs 5th Avenue, a Harcfield of Memphis, A N.Y. Hat Company and a Dockers, but the straw one (top row, middle) that has no tag has me stumped, so I thought I'd post it here and see if you folks could I.D. it for me...

S6300694.jpg

S6300695.jpg

I really like to wear it, though my friends say it makes me look like a Cuban or Greek mobster...:D
Thanks for looking!
Rob

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Nice little collection you have going there.

I like the gray felt one on the bottom row. The little straw one is nice as well, has a lot of character to it.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the welcome, all! Like you, I buy vintage hats any time I see them....like collecting vintage radios, it's another disease I have! :)

The straw one on the bottom is the Dockers...the grey felt is the Dobbs (one of my faves)...and yeah, Dr. Greg...looking like it's "from the past" is the whole idea! I try to explain that to them, but it's just wasted breath...I just smile, and shake my head when they call me Anthony Quinn....:rolleyes:

The picture sucks, but the black one up top is the NYHCo. "Blue Brothers" fedora, which has a nice shape also...some people call it a "porkpie", but it's not...oh well...what can a person do? :)
Rob

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
Welcome! pull up a chair and stay awhile. lots to see, learn, and talk about here in the hat world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch