Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Guy

Bomber1941

New in Town
Hello
My name is Brian I am a new guy to the Fedora Lounge, Appreciate the amount of WWII knowledge as well as the forums on the B-3 bomberjackets I have followed through this forum I belong to a couple of WWII groups the Rogue historians and a group of WWII Airmen clubs. Both of my Grandfathers where involved in the European theater one was a co-pilot with the 459th BG 85th BSQ and the other was a 1st Lt. for one of the panzer divisions in Germany. Looking forward to talking shop with all of you.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Welcome! Both my Grandfathers served as well. Both in the AAF. My maternal grandfather was in the Signal Corps attached to the AAF in India, he worked on radios and later radar. My other grandfather was in the Pacific with an AAF base unit that handled the logistics on bomber bases, he was a truck driver. I'd sure like to have his truck now! :)

Matt

Bomber1941

New in Town
Good to meet you Matt!
Atleast both of your Grandfathers where on the same team, are family joke has always been while one Grandfather was on the ground the other was trying to Bomb the other one from above LOL!!! I think it would have been a intresting discussion if those two would have met.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Hello, from another new guy to the forum. My grandfathers were in the navy at home and 5th bomb group in the Pacific.

Mike

Rookie1

New in Town
Welcome to all. Im kinda new too. Ive posted a little but read more than anything. Interesting about the grandfathers on opposing sides.

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Welcome to the new guys.....My maternal grandfather was in the 36th ID, L co 142, in France, Sicily, and Italy. He survived the war with a few purple hearts and a ride in a P-38. He was transferred to the AC during outprocessing here in the USA after the war. Some pilot took him up. Seems the unit had a stripped down 38 with room behind the pilot for this kind of stuff. My fraternal great uncle was in the Panzer corps. An ober something or another. He was killed in 44. I have his christian death card with his service info. My great grandmother mailed it to my grandfather. He was a US citizen here in the states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925