Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hairstyling book

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
helvissa said:
I know this thread is a bit old, and that I don't post on here very much! However, I just wanted to let you know that I run an online shop based in the UK and I have this book in stock. I post stuff the day after I receive your order and send by 1st class recorded. It's £17. ;)

www.pinup-parade.com/shop/books.htm

What would shipping to Sweden cost if I ordered the book from you?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Advice please

Ladies, I need a little more info before I decide whether or not to order.
I use perm rods, the occasional velcro roller, and hot rollers. I do not use a curling iron or pin curls. Are there directions for all the styles with the tools I use? Please let me know!

helvissa

Familiar face
Hello Cherry Lips - fleur told me you needed some info - it's £17 plus my standard flat rate to the EU, which is £4.50. you just need to select your choice of shipping from the drop-down menu when you checkout.

The author says that while she does use for example pin curls or hot rollers in some styles, it's open to interpretation and you can try out other methods and see what works best for you, your hair and the hairstyle you want to achieve. Hope that helps!

I've personally found the whole thing about "on base", "half on base" and "off base" curls really helpful - even for when I put some Hot Sticks in on Sunday! Got a much better curl. And then even used some Sweet Georgia Brown in my hair (but without everything going crispy, I should add...!). lol

The Shirt

Practically Family
Cherry Lips - I use hot rollers and it's very similar to how I would hold the barrel of a curling iron. I roll in a similar direction as the photos. Once I take out my rollers - if I have enough time - I pin my curls up to cool much like the photos in the book. I've had good luck and I use the book mainly for inspiration. I get close to many of the looks and then just tweak them for my haircut-texture.

Smuterella

One Too Many
my book arrived testerday too, its very interesting in terms of the pin curl techniques and setting patterns but I really do think the final pictures are a bit of a let down, the vintage hair without vintage make up thing looks so wrong to my eyes.

also the make up tips in the back are a little trite

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Smuterella said:
my book arrived testerday too, its very interesting in terms of the pin curl techniques and setting patterns but I really do think the final pictures are a bit of a let down, the vintage hair without vintage make up thing looks so wrong to my eyes.

This would be my one complaint too....

It would have been nice to see the vintage make up to go with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy