Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hat

Chief000731

Practically Family
I Just bought a new hat, It's an Optimo gray felt fedora, I don't know much about Fedoras and less about Optimo. I will post pictures when it arrives, I can't wait for it to get here. Can anyone tell me about the Optimo brand? I've also been talking with Charlie at glad hatters about a bespoke fedora, anybody know anything about them?
Thank you.
Carl

Last edited:

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I Just bought a new hat, It's an Optimo gray felt fedora, I don't know much about Fedoras and less about Optimo. I will post pictures when it arrives, I can't wait for it to get here. Can anyone tell me about the Optimo brand? I've also been talking with Charlie at glad hatters about a bespoke fedora, anybody know anything about them?
Thank you.
Carl

Optimo is great but pricey. Gladhatter has been banned from this forum and other forums as well. Make your own conclusions on why.

Chief000731

Practically Family
Optimo is great but pricey. Gladhatter has been banned from this forum and other forums as well. Make your own conclusions on why.
Thanks guys I'm just sick I just got a PM about glad hatter and I am so embarrassed and ashamed to think I almost fell for what this guy was going to do to me. I want to thank you all though I was going to pay him Wednesday morning for what I thought was going to be a great beautiful hat. I didn't catch on even when he started bad mouthing the Fedora Lounge and some of the guys here on it. So thank you all I think I am just going to lay low for awhile... Thanks again Carl

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Which Optimo is your new hat from? There is an Optimo Hatworks in Bisbee AZ. I don't know anything about them except that they exist, others here may know more.

BR

felkor

New in Town
I had not heard of Gladhatter before - looking into it, it appears his last name, "Swindall", is quite appropriate.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys I'm just sick I just got a PM about glad hatter and I am so embarrassed and ashamed to think I almost fell for what this guy was going to do to me. I want to thank you all though I was going to pay him Wednesday morning for what I thought was going to be a great beautiful hat. I didn't catch on even when he started bad mouthing the Fedora Lounge and some of the guys here on it. So thank you all I think I am just going to lay low for awhile... Thanks again Carl

It would be of interest to everyone if you informed us of how much he was going to charge you.

Chief000731

Practically Family
Yeah he was going to charge me $2500.00 for a hat He had me on the phone for an hour I didn't give him any credit card info or anything I told him I would get back to him today and pay him... Thank god I made this post I almost didn't put the post up I'm usually posting in the wrong place. But it save me my money. Very embarrassing

Iyor

One of the Regulars
I know that Charlie is frowned upon here and other forums for ashing every other hatter, but I have a friend who only buys his hats from him and they are very nice hats, and he seems happy with his dealings. He told me that on one of his hats, Charlie made the brim 2.5" instead of 3". Charlie took back the hat and made him a new one. However, at that price I'll stick to Gary White(custom-hatter.com), and John Walls (Jwalls). John, and Gary also have vintage bodies which satisfies those who want vintage felt, but also want a custom fit. I actually have 2 NOS cavanagh bodies being blocked right now from Gary.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I know that Charlie is frowned upon here and other forums for ashing every other hatter, but I have a friend who only buys his hats from him and they are very nice hats, and he seems happy with his dealings. He told me that on one of his hats, Charlie made the brim 2.5" instead of 3". Charlie took back the hat and made him a new one. However, at that price I'll stick to Gary White(custom-hatter.com), and John Walls (Jwalls). John, and Gary also have vintage bodies which satisfies those who want vintage felt, but also want a custom fit. I actually have 2 NOS cavanagh bodies being blocked right now from Gary.

Frowned on would be putting it mildly. $2500 for a fedora is outright criminal and if someone wants to pay that much they are being taken whether they know it or not. Gary White is a legitimate hatter and does good work.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eeek:$2500:eeek: Art doesn't even charge that much. Optimo gets close thou. To rich for my blood. I stick with my vintage hats.
First of all, I don't own (yet) either an Optimo or one of Art's. But in Optimo's defense, they DO have a store front in Chicago. A store front in Covington TN is costing Mike Moore and he has to make ends meet. A store front in Chicago means that Optimo has larger ends to make meet... :p

Just my $0.02 and worth every Penny...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn