Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new hats this weekend

Terry Lennox

Suspended
Hey everyone,

just picked up 3 new hats.

One very vintage Open Road. Huge headband!

dsc06290.jpg

dsc06296.jpg

One Stetson, no model, maybe an Open Road?

dsc06292.jpg

One Disney 40 with almost a 3" brim!

dsc06288.jpg

dsc06300_1155511806.jpg

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excellent collection! How wide is the brim on that "no-name" Stetson?

Interesting color on the sweatband of that Open Road, the lighter brown and the darker lettering. I'd love to know what time period that came from.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Steal of a deal

That Disney 40 is a very, very high quality hat. From the 1940's I would guess. and the "Disney 40" signifies a very good hat. If not $40 "back then"...then it is a high quality beaver content.

I suspect the former. Wow. What size?

Terry Lennox

Suspended
Yes, I was Very happy to get these three hats.

Okay... The Blue Stetson Royal with no name has a 2 1/2 brim in a 7 1/4 but big as I can wear it, I wear a 7 3/8.

The Open Road is a lot older than my other open road. It's actually 2 5/8 brim as other one is a 2 1/2. Plus the sweatband is actually 2"! And wow, I had no idea it would be so much softer than my other open road from the 50's... Size 7 3/8.

And now the Disney. It was missing the liner, but that's it. It has a 2 7/8 brim! Wind cord and is super, super soft. Size 7 3/8. And yes the cavanagh edge too.

My guess on the Open Road and Disney is the 40's and Blue is late 40's Early 50's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael