Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New J. Peterman offering

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I returned everything I ever ordered from Peterman. Those ectoplasmic watercolors and Robert Walleresque blerbs are there for a reason: that outfit is selling airs to people who want to put 'em on.

It says something that as scot pointed out, the real quality items either are way overpriced or (no longer offered).

Finally, to the OP: The day the Smokey cover replaces the snapbrim is the day a friendly howyado and a wave of the hand is superseded by barked insults and hard glares.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Just looking at that brings back memories of 'IF I SEE YOU ADJUST AGAIN WITHOUT PERMISSION I'LL TIE YOU INTO A KNOT! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, TRAINEE!?'

*shudder*

Wool felt? What the heck? All of the issue campaign hats are fur felt in the AF. I had plenty of opportunites to examine them VERY closely. You'd think it would be an easy thing to get felt campaign hats, especially at a better price than what's being offered.

Oh, well. I'm in the same boat as Fletch. If you're going to show nothing but watercolors of your products, I'm going to assume you've got something to hide.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Fletch said:
I returned everything I ever ordered from Peterman. Those ectoplasmic watercolors and Robert Walleresque blerbs are there for a reason: that outfit is selling airs to people who want to put 'em on.

I assure you - there is no trace of airs about me. But I still like my Peterman stuff.

ideaguy

One Too Many
I've a friend on evilbay goes by the moniker "lotsofvintage". NYC cat, deals in large volume of J.Peterman stuff, mens&womens, and will give you the straight
dope on a particular piece you're interested in. I've bought quite a bit from him,
he's nice,funny emails, and knows the difference in JP goods.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Back when J. Peterman used to have a store in Seattle, I did buy some stuff - but at least I got to see it and feel it first.

I like his cologne - 1903. I ended up getting a nice smoking jacket from there, that is holding up well enough.

As has been said, the allure is items you can't easily find otherwise. It's too bad some of the goods are not up to snuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL