Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New jacket at Aero

Fishbutcher

New in Town
EE75D5F9-8BC8-4DC0-9C23-9409B2CE94D9.png
Hi
Have just been looking at the Aero site, and noticed a couple of sample patterns of a new jacket. The Everyman,
Soon to be released

I was soooo close to grabbing that jacket. I really like the design and the price on that was exceedingly fair.

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
Yep, this Ken's lockdown hard work beginning to filter through to the website - more designs on the way. I understand the factory will reopen on July 22nd, which is great news for all concerned!

This is great news! Over here, some of my favorite bars and restaurants are shutting down for good to being closed for so long.
Glad to know aero is taking care of their employees well being and slowly coming back online to the new normal

I understand it's going to be competitively-priced as a bought-new jacket as well.
I was putting together specs for a 50’s HB with a mouton collar. I’m going to email Denny about this model. Love the front yoke. Only thing I’d want is standard/storm cuffs for use a winter leather. Looking forward to the rest of the quarantine line too.

Wasn't there a new D pocket reminiscent of a Herc also coming? That one caught my eye.

Mich486

One Too Many
There is a Birds of Prey size 38 on the sale page. If you fit in it imho that’s the best design they came up with.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Just had a fly past the Aero website. I'm really rather taken with the Spidermanesque 'Ice Hockey' jacket!

I really like the design - the poppers give it a slight 70s vibe, which I like. Not sure what colour combo I'd go for, though.
Back at the start of lockdown, Ken posted a pic of himself holding a couple of designs on an instagram post, which I think people are mostly referring to.

Edward

Bartender
I really like the design - the poppers give it a slight 70s vibe, which I like. Not sure what colour combo I'd go for, though.
Back at the start of lockdown, Ken posted a pic of himself holding a couple of designs on an instagram post, which I think people are mostly referring to.

Ah! Gotcha.

I think what I like about it is that it has a slightly "sporty" vibe to it, but it's very much distinct from the Letterman style. It puts me in mind of descriptions of some sport-related leathers I've heard about from the 30s, a sort of forerunner of, or maybe Canadian alternative to, the LM? I'm assuming it must reproduce a style from before 1959 because Ken'svery definite on that as an Aero brand cut-off, though definitely it has elements that are rmeiniscent of the 30s/40s that were also revived in the 70s. I love that the two-tone look is so in yer face with it - there's somethnig very uncompromising about it that appeals to me.

I'll be interested to see more of the two-tone variations of the Everyman. If I've picked up the intent right, it seems that it's a way of producing a lower-priced jacket that still has the high-end craftmanship of a regular Aero, by using end of runs and bits of material that won't fit in or give enough material for one of the other jacket a in the line, but can be used for parts of a two-tone. Also leather that is still good but has been cosmetically rejected for one of the premier jackets because of a scar. In some ways, it seems to be a sort of civilian equivalent of how the Real Deal A2 started out. This being so, I suspect that this will be a really interesting model to watch for some pretty unique combinations. That could prove for a really fun visit to the factory, checking out what's in the 'For the Everyman' box and seeing what would work with what.....

TBH, I'd love to have a halfbelt made largely from black drill cotton with some goat hide trim in high-wear areas, which could be very cool in this style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112