Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New job for your vintage lifestyle?

Blondie

Practically Family
hotrodmama0201 said:
I hope nobody judges me for this, but I started stripping so we could have the freedom to travel when we want, buy parts for our 54 Chevy, afford actual vintage clothing/housewares/etc, and go to all the events/bands that we want. My husband works full time but can get time off whenever, he works for a great company and gets like 3 weeks paid vacation a year.

I was bogged down by crappy restaurant job after another, no freedom, no social life as I had to work every Friday, Saturday and Sunday all day and night. Getting time off was impossible too. Not to mention the money was anything but spectacular. I never saw my husband, it was miserable.
When you are a dancer in AZ you are an independent contractor, so you come and go as you please. If we want to go do something I never have to worry about getting time off. I make much, much more than waiting tables so that allows us to have things we couldn't afford before.

Definitely not a career choice, I am attending school in the spring, but it's very enjoyable (has been for the past year) and I (we) are gonna enjoy it while I can.
Good for you !!!!

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
Oh Honey, My JOB sucks! I just dont Fill all day... I have too deal with Insurance Companies and Doctors....and of coures sick and angry People who cannot get their Vicodin covered By their Insurance because they just filled it last week, and are Now all out! then there are those pesky insurances Like Medi cal, Medicare and Workmans Comp who dont want to Cover anything. Then I have too Type up hard copies;Some Doctors have horrible writing...so all day I'm trying to Firgure out what they wrote.
Aurora said:
Counting pills sounds much more exciting than some of my jobs!

I've finally decided on something HUGE! Being temporarily unemployed, I'm trying not to get into a rut, so have made a big step forward by contacting my local business advice centre - I'm planning to set up my own little business, which will include some hand-crafted vintage jewellery AND hopefully repro shoes!

It might work, it might not - but I won't until I try, will I?! :D

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Miss 1940's - I thought it was like counting out 60 of these for this bottle and 150 of those for that bottle... I watch them in the chemist, I thought it was all excitement :)

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
counting out 130 small, neon colored Pills... then reaching 120, then losing count.... then having to count again! thank god there is a scale.
Then there are my personal Favorites...cii's which are control's....you have too count them twice, then write the number on the bottle too prove that you did indeed count it twice...its a pain in the ass.I have too say, I am lucky I have a good Steady job because where I live the Jobs are not falling from the tree's.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
hotrodmama0201 said:
I hope nobody judges me for this, but I started stripping so we could have the freedom to travel when we want, buy parts for our 54 Chevy, afford actual vintage clothing/housewares/etc, and go to all the events/bands that we want. My husband works full time but can get time off whenever, he works for a great company and gets like 3 weeks paid vacation a year.

I was bogged down by crappy restaurant job after another, no freedom, no social life as I had to work every Friday, Saturday and Sunday all day and night. Getting time off was impossible too. Not to mention the money was anything but spectacular. I never saw my husband, it was miserable.
When you are a dancer in AZ you are an independent contractor, so you come and go as you please. If we want to go do something I never have to worry about getting time off. I make much, much more than waiting tables so that allows us to have things we couldn't afford before.

Definitely not a career choice, I am attending school in the spring, but it's very enjoyable (has been for the past year) and I (we) are gonna enjoy it while I can.

I think it's GREAT! Use your young and pretty while you have it!
I used to do a lot of nude modeling for photographers, nothing skanky, but i am happy to think that my lithe former self is recorded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn