Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Johnson Half-Belt in Horween Overdyed Black

technovox

One Too Many
I'm actually waiting on a modified Aero version in an attempt to do this myself. Its based on the premier half belt pattern with the Speedway back in Black Vicenza.

Will post pics when it arrives, hopefully in the next few weeks.

I'll be very interested to see how your modified Aero Speedway version turns out. Should be stunning- especially in the Black Vicenza!

Edward

Bartender
I'd love to see one of these rub-off leatger finishes with a cordovan undertone to the black.. Jacket looks nice.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Looks excellent Technovox. And much lighter than the 4oz! One of the cool things about that cowhide, besides the color, is the great grain in areas.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I'm nuts about JL and Alan. If I lived in San Francisco, I don't want to even think about it. I have the same hide and love it. It's funny because Alan touted me off the nickel zips I originally ordered in favor antique brass instead. Maybe the rust knits I used were the clincher. P.S. When it came time to name the thread, I told Alan to pick what he'd use for himself and he selected the same lighter brown stitching. I dig it the most.

Last edited:

technovox

One Too Many
I'm nuts about JL and Alan. If I lived in San Francisco, I don't want to even think about it. I have the same hide and love it. It's funny because Alan touted me off the nickel zips I originally ordered in favor antique brass instead. Maybe the rust knits I used were the clincher.

I was strongly considering brass hardware. In retrospect, the brass might have worked better with the brown contrast lining. But what ultimately influenced my decision was that the Levis Black-Blue had nickel zips and I was trying to stay true to the original design.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
......... was trying to stay true to the original design.

That's a feeling you can't get from a larger, ultimately impersonal company - no matter how nice the jacket is. And (I don't want to make you sob and cry but) if you're like me, you feel it a little every time you wear or even look at it.

Last edited:

technovox

One Too Many
Here are some fit pics of the jacket. The jacket length is plenty for me at approx 25"- I really wouldn't want it any longer- despite the low rise jeans (Gustin skinny.)

(Sorry about the delay... I really prefer not being in front of a camera.)

JHBrtside.jpg

JHBLeftside.jpg

JHBback.jpg

JHBTree.jpg

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Man that looks great! You don't need our validation obviously but I think the length really works perfectly. I'm really glad I'm not in SF or I'd be spending some serious time in that shop.

trapp

Practically Family
Awesome. The epitome of understated cool. Love the stitching and that leather is going to look so, so good in six months. That jacket only has good sides!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24