Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Siobhan Julia

New in Town
Hello everyone!

My name's Siobhan, and I'm from good old London, Harrow, if any of you know it! :)

I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the younger members of this forum. I guess it's always good to start out young, eh?

From a young age I've always been interested in styles of times gone by, even if it meant delving into the depths of my mum's wardrobe and emerging with some huge shoulder pads :D

I'm known among my friends for my quirky style, and ever changing image. I love shopping, and eBay is my heaven!

I hope I get to know some of you guys on here! :)

Bill Briton

New in Town
Hello everyone,
I've allways had an interest in the 20s to 50s aesthetic, particularly the fine clothing and styles, needless to say I was pleased to come across the wonderful Fedora Lounge!

Regards

Cricket

Practically Family
Hello to the Lounge, You're the Greatest

Hello out there to all the lovely ladies and the snazzy gentlemen! I am new to the Lounge, but I have been addicted for a few months already. Just wanted to give my greetings, and I look forward to talking with others who belong in another decade. It gets hard to find people like that in a small Southern town. :)

Cricket

Practically Family
Take a breath...ok...I have been checking out the lounge for some time now, and I finally decided to get on board. There are not many people in my small town who I can chat with about vintage. I adore vintage fashion. There are not many thrift stores in town so I have to stop by yard sales or try to find vintage-styles in modern stores.
I love big band and swing music. Just name it and I will listen.
I am a TCM fanatic. My hubby laughs becuase I always have that channel on when I am home. And he knows not to touch the dial. ;)
Bogart, Bacall, Stewart, Grant, Gable, Sinatra, name them, I love them
I am a reporter, and I try to work like I am a hard hitting reporter from the 1940s. Only I am not allowed to smoke inside the office. :eusa_doh:
I live in Mississippi so it is hard to find steals and good deals
But it is awesome to be the only one in town digging my style. I am known as "the hat girl" cause I wear the fedoras, floppies, paper boys, everything.
Now I know I can mix a drink, put in some swing, and chat with people who understand why classics never die.

Tatum

Practically Family
Hi all!

I've been lurking a while, reading a lot of the threads....never much of a forum person, but everyone seems so nice here!

I found the Lounge after looking for ways to do up my hair 40's style. I am a full-time student (working on degree #2, ugh), full-time freelance web developer, I have always loved vintage styles, and I just turned 30 and decided it was time for a big change, and like most women, I decided to take it out on my hair! LOL!

I'm hoping that by joining up with everyone here I can overcome my inability to adore my style!

<3
Tatum

MadelienneBlack

One of the Regulars
I guess this is the part where I wave my hand in the air and say, "Hey, I'm new too!"

I'm a 19 year old college student from Pennsylvania. I collect vintage clothing, though I must admit my collection still quite small. I also recently redid my bedroom to look like that of a private eye's office from some seedy film noir (complete with authentic furniture and a life-size Humphrey Bogart cut-out in the corner). Following the trend, I too found this website while researching vintage hairstlyes. I have to say, I fell in love after browsing a bit and simply had to join! I'm so glad I'm not alone in my love of all things "golden".

You dames seem quite welcoming. I'm hoping to make a lot of friends here. :)

IndysGal41

New in Town
Hi yall just wanted to say hello and I found this place by accident. seems like a a good place to make friends and I love Indy too. hope someone says hi and thats about it.:)

me5mq.jpg

an old pic of me. please dont scream
:D

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
i am newish, although i have met some of you, i am 21 yrs old live in brighton, with my loverly boyfriend and our kitten sushi, i am due to start studying in september.
i love anything to do with elvis, marylin monroe, burt reynolds, comics and batman, barbie and coca cola, generally the 50's and diners, i like moustaches, tattoos and peircings.
i have lots of interests other than that too, they include, cooking, baking, photography, art, music, dancing, singing, making things, and travelling.
if you would like to know anything else just ask, either me, or dollydaydream will be able to answwer.
kiss kiss

eldonkr

Familiar Face
Well hello everybody. I actually first stumbled in when I was searching the intertubes for a home method of cleaning sweat stains from my fedora for a wedding. The solution that I picked worked close enough for government work, it was no substitution to getting it cleaned and blocked, but lacking the funds and being short on time it did the trick. After that I decided to sign up. Been doing a bit of lurking here and there, lately I've been distracted due to the work I've been putting into my show which can be found at http://boacblogcast.wordpress.com, or you can search iTunes for Banter Over a Cigarette in a couple of days and it should show up. But enough shameless promotion, I look forward to being part of the community.

dani

Familiar Face
welcome. hey everyone i have not been on in a while my computer messed up, my moms house burned down, and found out i have a bun in the oven . lots been going on, but hopefully i will be on here more often now that everything has calmed down.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
dani said:
welcome. hey everyone i have not been on in a while my computer messed up, my moms house burned down, and found out i have a bun in the oven . lots been going on, but hopefully i will be on here more often now that everything has calmed down.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's house but comgratulations about the baby!!!

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Hi and i am a newbie too.. I came across this site while looking for ideas for a 1940's era theme dance.. Our local airport has a hangar dance ever summer and now that we know how to dance i decided we should go.. I didn't go in complete theme but did do a few elements of the era.. Of course the jewellry and the make up are easy to do!! I actually stumbled into vintage stuff in sort of a backwards way.. My dh and i have been taking ballroom dance lessons for almost 2 years now and of course one of the dances we are learning is swing.. So i searched for 1940's era fashions and here is where i landed.. Can't seem to stay away now.. I love reading and seeing all the vintage stuff everyone has..
I have dug out some of the old things i have from my grandmother, and, next time i am at my Mom's place will see what she has stashed away in the basement..
My parents house was built in about 1958 and has never been removated.. She still has the dining room table, teak plywood, that she bought when she got married... The kitchen has the original mahogany cupboards and the original door pulls.. I'll take some pics next time i am over there... I am sure she still has a few hats and dresses around somewhere too...
Oppps i should add that we live on the West Coast of Canada, not far from Vancouver... No human kids but we do have 4 very spoiled little birds(parrots).

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Hello dolls! name is Amber,I've been lurking for quite some time, never was able to sign up due to the free email I had, but now all is well and I can be an active member.

I guess the eras I prefer range from early 1920's to the mid to late 50's...

I don't quite know how to use these forums or view member pages, but I'll figure it out, unless anybody has any tips or hints that would help?

p.s. you're all stunning!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
New and excited

Hey everyone! I am new in town and have been reading around in the threads! Seems like we have a real friendly group of girls that have great knowledge! I am very excited to chat with u all and get to know yall alittle better :)

Lorena B

Practically Family
Hi everyone!!!

I am also fairly new here, My nane is Lorena B (Beatriz is my second name)
Love my 40's and 50's the most but i also adore anything from earlier times.

I live in London but ill be moving to the Hague in September, ayayay! after Holland.... who knows!! the world is my shell, ha,ha,ha.

Anyway, i am just really pleased to meet you all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW