Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Hello ladies!

Hello all :) I've been lurking for a while, after I stumbled onto the site while researching late-50's day dresses, so I thought I'd take a minute to say hello.

I love all things late '40's to early 60's, all the more because I finally, at the ripe young age of 40, found my best, most flattering style (aside from my purple mohawk punk period back in the day ;) ).

I'm also just now learning to sew on a new-to-me Huskvarna machine from the 80's. I've been obsessed with shirtdress patterns, and thank you to whomever it was who posted the link for the week free membership on the COPA site! Those patterns will keep me busy through the New England winter.

I'm also really focused on women's suits from the 50's and have a few that I'm working up the nerve to show off in the "suits" thread. One of these days... I do have two coming in the mail, one I Magnin, and one Saks, both vintage and silk. Can't wait! :)

1930_Italian

New in Town
Hey all -
Just joined the lounge - been looking on here for some time, and finally got an e-mail address that I could use to get signed up on here. Wondering if there are any other people from my neck of the woods on here!

--Joe

C

Cinasue Lane

Hello there, I am a newbie too. My first love is of all movies black & white. I am constantly lurching about in the background of movies looking at all of the wonderful furniture and decor and especially for anything that is in the art deco era. I think sometimes I have been born in the wrong era, as I should be gliding around in my floor length robes about the house and wearing cute little day dresses and those adorable shorts with the fun full skirts that fit over them. And I dream of the clubs that would have been filled with low cut gowns and sparkly all over, on the arm of Cary Grant, of course.

A girl can dream, can't she... ;)

Cinasue Lane said:
I dream of the clubs that would have been filled with low cut gowns and sparkly all over, on the arm of Cary Grant, of course.
A girl can dream, can't she... ;)
Sounds like you need to visit LA and make one of the special nights at the Cicada Club. It will be close to a dream.

C

Cinasue Lane

JohnnieT

:eusa_clap I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for your service to this wonderful nation of ours. God speed and God Bless. [angel]

C

Cinasue Lane

Oh my, I've just discovered I'm a lurker... sounds almost naughty doesn't it;)

I'm a child of the 70's, so I have a combination of hippie, retro glamor and a twist of art deco, so I have a lot twirling about inside of me, which at times can create a contradiction in itself. Think leather fringe, tye dyed style maybe, some sharp art deco jewelry with some wonderful ruby red lipstick thrown in for a touch of pouttiness.

I must say, you gals are absolutely astounding, not to mention extremely inspiring. I love art, sewing, creating and definitely learning. I think this is going to be a fun site to come and visit.

So, hello there, my name is Cindy Sue...

Philipp

New in Town
Since I get absolutly no reply, neither on my question nor on my answer to someone's question, nor on my introduction - and I can't even see my own or an other one's profil site - I just have to guess that you are one way very conceited or the other way simply can't see my posts.

I could also talk to a wall, so please delete my account. Thank you.

Countess

New in Town
Good morning!

I've introduced myself in The Powder Room a little while ago but thought I should say hello here too.

I'm Countess, in England and like everyone here, love vintage. My style of dress is more inspired as opposed to following it correctly so I imagine I make quite a few fashion faus pax! Let's say my style is eclectic!

I'm a stay-at-home, buy far too much fabric for my own good and don't sew it fast enough! I'm a lover of history in general, especially ancient history and the Victorian era onwards. I adore architecture and feel so sad about abandoned and neglected beautiful buildings.

Anyway, that is enough about me and I hope to get to know you all.

x

Miss Christina

New in Town
Hi, :)
My name is Christina, I'm 17 years old and currently staying in Alameda (nearby San Francisco) as a foreign exchange student from germany. I love the bay area and its vintage clothing sources. It seems like paradise to me since there's no vintage fashion scene in where i come from. I was forced to wear vintage repros in germany but now my collection of vintage clothing is growing like crazy. Everything fascinates me. Especially the vintage expo last week. I had such a blast. Never seen people wearing vintage in my hometown actually and it was the first time I didn't feel "alien" or something.
I'd love to get to know people who are quite versed with the vintage scene in the bay area so they could tell me about the must visit spots and things to do.
My favorite decades are the 30's and the 40's but I do have some 50's stuff as well. I'm interested in everything old, vintage and antique ever since I remember. I was a little reenactor in 4th grade actually. :D We had that WWII topic going on in school (I still have my old history class stuff), so I took that really serious and dressed accordingly as effectively as possible for my age and took my little WWII foodstamp thing i did in school everytime I went to shop for some groceries. It was really funny. I loved the idea of living in the past. My passion for these eras started pretty early as you migh have noticed and never really faded.
So yep, I guess that's all I can say about me. :)

Miss Christina

New in Town
Hi :)
I introduced myself in the other thread already but since all the ladies are gathered in hear I thought I could just repost:

My name is Christina, I'm 17 years old and currently staying in Alameda (nearby San Francisco) as a foreign exchange student from germany. I love the bay area and its vintage clothing sources. It seems like paradise to me since there's no vintage fashion scene in where i come from. I was forced to wear vintage repros in germany but now my collection of vintage clothing is growing like crazy. Everything fascinates me. Especially the vintage expo last week. I had such a blast. Never seen people wearing vintage in my hometown actually and it was the first time I didn't feel "alien" or something.
I'd love to get to know people who are quite versed with the vintage scene in the bay area so they could tell me about the must visit spots and things to do.
My favorite decades are the 30's and the 40's but I do have some 50's stuff as well. I'm interested in everything old, vintage and antique ever since I remember. I was a little reenactor in 4th grade actually. :D We had that WWII topic going on in school (I still have my old history class stuff), so I took that really serious and dressed accordingly as effectively as possible for my age and took my little WWII foodstamp thing i did in school everytime I went to shop for some groceries. It was really funny. I loved the idea of living in the past. My passion for these eras started pretty early as you migh have noticed and never really faded.
So yep, I guess that's all I can say about me. :)

Lorrel Mae

Familiar Face
Miss Christina...

Welcome!

San Francisco has many stores that offer vintage. Sadly I don't remember any particular one!

I do recall a Goodwill store in Burlingame (south of San Francisco) that I visited whenever I went. And there is a shop in Burlingame called "All That Glitters", that had a ton of vintage costume jewelry. I hope she is still there!

And I know a couple are on Haight, or Ashbury. Sausalito had a thrift shop I went to... Sorry, I can't do any better!

Sandi

Hana

New in Town
Im glad Im not the only teenager here. :) I'm Hana and Im 16.
Im not exactly new, I'd joined about a year ago but forgot my username and had to set up a new one last night.
I got into vintage fashion after I went to the Eden camp when I was younger.
I'd always liked historical fashions but the 40's hold a special interest.
I mainly have to wear v.i clothes but I do have proper vintage clothes but they're too formal to wear everyday.

MissECP

New in Town
Hi

Hello ladies,
My name is Emma, i'm 20 & i've finally joined after being a 'lurker' on this forum. My interests are in the styles of the 1920s -1950s, particulary the 1940s, which has also led me to get involved with world war 2 living history. I think this forum is fantastic and it's great to know that i'm not the only one with an obsession for vintage style.
So, hello to everyone!!

sproily

Practically Family
Hey y'all

I'm a 19-year-old young man from Finland and I'm a vintage enthusiast. In my style I could say I combine items but still try to stay true to the decade. 1920's is my favorite and not just stylewise.

At the moment I'm looking for double breasted waistcoats and proper hats.

I find it easier to post a few pictures and go from there. Hoping to bond with you all soon!

_indeeds.jpg

yo.jpg

My graduation photo

Taunopalo1pieni.jpg

15.8.2008%200321pieni.jpg

Here we were shooting a small film - hence the makeup

_n1290474143_30104394_3359251%20(1).jpg

This time the make up is just for the photo

aa_miiiZ.jpg

This is when I had too long hair.. more of a 50's casual look here

zombi

A-List Customer
hello! :eusa_clap

I'm Katherine and it's so nice to meet all of you. I live in Oklahoma City and am studying to be a nurse -- currently I am working as a certified nursing assistant. I've been reading around here a while. My favourite styles as far as fashions are concerned are the late '30's and the '40's -- those seem to be going favourites around here, huh? :)

I hope to learn a lot and enjoy my time here.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome to all the new gals :)
Just dropping a quick note to say hi, and to make sure you all check out the new Powder Room/Beauty rules and FAQ. Im sure that will help you all greatly in understanding the etiquette of the Lounge. If you all have any questions, please feel free to private message LizzieMaine or myself.

Happy posting :)

LD

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
zombi said:
hello! :eusa_clap

I'm Katherine and it's so nice to meet all of you. I live in Oklahoma City and am studying to be a nurse -- currently I am working as a certified nursing assistant. I've been reading around here a while. My favourite styles as far as fashions are concerned are the late '30's and the '40's -- those seem to be going favourites around here, huh? :)

I hope to learn a lot and enjoy my time here.

Hey Katherine, it's nice to see another local here. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass