Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Mirinda

New in Town
Hello ladies!

My name is Miriam, but many call me Mimi (my nickname, Mirinda, used to be a popular soft drink in Spain!).

I'm Spanish, 26 years old, and love retro and vintage lifestyle in general.
I'm afraid I'm not as decided as many of you are about a particular decade or style: I like 50's high waisted skirts and cardigans, 40's suits, I have several dresses in 20's and 30's style... I hope I'm still accepted in the forum! :p

Also sorry for any bad grammar or weird sentences, I've lived in the UK for 2 years and English is the main language at home (my boyfriend is a Londoner), but sometimes I still use literal translation of Spanish grammar :eusa_doh:

I'm sure I'll learn a lot from all the fashionable ladies in the forum! :)

DCIHunt

New in Town
New here, but feel like I've been here all along....

I am new to the forum, as I have said in previous posts, but just can't get over the brilliant quality of posts and authors.

I am often accused of being old fashioned, in the clothing sense of the word, as I insist on dressing properly for every occasion. Never a polo shirt and hideous tan trousers for a wedding nor black jeans and a t-shirt for a wake. I choose to show respect by looking like I took the time to prepare for the special function I am attending. Luckily, my wife is the same, only modern.

Thanks in advance for all the welcomes that I am sure to get and I look forward to conversing with everyone.

Welcome to all those others that are new here as well.

Cheers,

DCI

Mr Mueller

New in Town
Hey all. Chris here and vintage is my job... Sort of. I'm a professional costume designer and vintage enthusiast. Found this forum awhile back while researching for a 30s show. Nearly forgot about it until my mentor asked me to google our friend and colleague Savoia the tailor's new store address, and his name brought up this forum.

My personal style tends more toward cowboy casual and Victorian dress up, but I've recently been developing a fondness for the cut of the 30s and 40s suits. Even purchased a late 40s number for an upcoming opening at one of our lovely vintage stores in the RVA.

Anyway, as I have a minor addiction to internet forums and this one in particular is helpful for my work, it seemed like the natural thing to finally sign up and make myself known.

Miss_Amanda

New in Town
The new girl from Penn's Woods...

Hi, Ladies!
I'm new to FL (of course) and I've known about it for what seems like forever and a day. I have finally worked up the courage to get my hair cut vintage style, and I figured you ladies would be the go to gals! Besides, I was feeling kind of stalker-ish, lurking in the boards without getting involved! ;) Anyhow, I enjoy all eras of history, but I love the early 40s to the early 60s, in general. I look forward to getting to know all of you! :)

:eek:fftopic: Please check out my first ever post on the lovely thread titled The Thread to end all Hair Advice Threads!!

Spalko

New in Town
Hello all.

I thought that, before start participating in this forum, I should introduce myself. I'm a 33 years old spaniard and you can call me María. I knew about this place thanks to the posts that one of the members used to post in other forum where I was a member too (Hi, Torpedo! I finally did it and I join it)

I started to get interested in 30's/40's thanks to movies (I'm a great fan of Fred Astaire and Greta Garbo) and wanting to find information and get inspired (I'm starting to learn how to sew to be able to make my own clothes) I decided to join this place where I'm sure that I will not only find information but help and friendly people to talk to. So, here I'm to learn. Surely I'll be quiet the first days because I still need to check sections and threads and get used to this forum until become an active member.

Regards,
M.

Spalko

New in Town
Well, I already introduced myself in The Observation Bar but I wanted to come here and say Hi to all of you, ladies because I think this is one of the sections where I'll spend more time.

So, well, nothign more to add. Just another member joining this full of information and friendly people.

Best regards,

M.

Mirinda

New in Town
Spalko said:
Well, I already introduced myself in The Observation Bar but I wanted to come here and say Hi to all of you, ladies because I think this is one of the sections where I'll spend more time.

So, well, nothign more to add. Just another member joining this full of information and friendly people.

Best regards,

M.

:D Another Spaniard!

Blessings to the ladies of the lounge!

Hi everyone! I am Angela, my apologies that I haven't introduced myself sooner... I've been lurking :rolleyes: I found FL over the summer while looking for 1950's bridal shower ideas for my sister's shower. Since finding the FL, I have been following a few threads and a few blogs. I really have discovered what an amazing, endearing, talented and spirited gathering of women that exists here... I am simply thrilled to have found you! I've been attending WWII events for about a year now and love it! I'm a full time working mom of a wisecracking preschooler, and a lucky wife to an encouraging man. :D
My appreciation for 30's and 40's music started at age 10 when I learned to play clarinet... then grew as I found the voice of Billie Holiday. But the absolute love affair for the 30's and 40's really began in 1998 when I step foot into an amazing establishment "101st Airborne" in Nashville, TN. The restaurant is gone, but my love and appreciation of the 30's and 40's is alive and well.

daanmuller

New in Town
Hello,

My name is Daan, 41, and I live in the Netherlands. I stumbled upon this place while investigating Bookster before ordering a tweed three piece suit. Now I find myself coveting hats and 1940's attire, lovely.

Cheers, Daan

hookhandlady

New in Town
Nice to Meet you all

Hi ladies,
My name is Lacey Langston and I'm a long-time lover of vintage clothing, style, and lifestyle. I'm a 30 yr old grad student studying film studies. I love old films from early/birth of cinema-the sound era but the 30s are my favorite for movies, music, fashion, and anything else you can think of. I got engaged in March to my wonderful vintage-loving fiance and we are planning a 30s-style wedding. I've come across this site so many times when searching for various opinions on everything from red lipstick to a finely tailored suit, and finally decided to sign up!
Anyhow, I could go on and on about old things forever...can't wait to discuss more with all of you

-LL

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Hi folks,

I'm also new in town. I've been visiting the forum for some time, but was reluctant to sign up for yet another website/social network/forum etc etc, but I'm very glad I have, its much better interacting on the forum rather than simply visiting. People on the site are so friendly, helpful and informative and its great to chat with like-minded folk. The more I read the more enthusiastic I become about all things vintage, not just clothes and collectibles but the overall way of life and outlook on things.

Looking forward to chatting and learning more and hopefully meeting some loungers some day!

Jirina

New in Town
Hello everyone!

My name is Jirina, i am an eighteen year old young lady from Finland.
I found this site about year ago when i was "hunting" help to creating a vintage haircut.
I'm focused on 1920-1950's. I love 20's and 30's hair and make up but i love 40's and 50's clothes.
I love photography, especially retro and portrait photographing.

My english isn't very good, so i hope you all will understand it! I'm working it very hard at the moment.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Hi Jirina,

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge

I am sure you will find yourself here as home, the ladies and gents in the lounge are lovely and the place in itself is great.

I really hope you will like it in here as much as the rest of the members do.

Lorena B

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Welcome Jirina, love your pics that Spoily and you have both posted. You are very photogenic yourself and have a gorgeous complexion. I love your avatar pic too!

Jirina said:
Hello everyone!My name is Jirina, i am an eighteen year old young lady from Finland.
I found this site about year ago when i was "hunting" help to creating a vintage haircut.
I'm focused on 1920-1950's. I love 20's and 30's hair and make up but i love 40's and 50's clothes.
I love photography, especially retro and portrait photographing.

My english isn't very good, so i hope you all will understand it! I'm working it very hard at the moment.

Sara

New in Town
Yay, the account finally validated!

I'm Sara, nearly 26, I've been a swing dancer for about two years (lindy, charleston, shag, balboa, blues - whatever I can have a go at), and my birthday party in a fortnight shall be 20s-themed (hence the haircut in my avatar)!

I've found myself at this forum numerous times when searching for tips on various things - dressmaking, hair styling, vintage clothing... allsorts... so I figured it was about time I joined in :)

Hello!!
:cheers1:

Berlin

Practically Family
Hello everbody!

I am 22 year old girl which is living in the Netherlands. I'm part German and part Dutch. I live here with my three cats and my boyfriend which is in the military. My real name is Lindsay, but I come along with alot of nicknames.
Berlin is one of them.

I absolutely lóve the 1940s & 1950s and I've always felt,since I was a youngster that I was born in the wrong era.
It may come as a cliché but my icons are Marilyn Monroe and Jean Harlow (ofcourse many more, but these two the most)
From time to time I work as a vintage/pin up model but only on a small scale.
I love to do this and my 'career/hobby' is slowly reaching the international level.

I found The Fedora Lounge while I was looking for the dutch word for; 'hair rat'. Unfortunatly I still don't know the name, so besides talking with other people that share these lovely interests, I hope to find some dutchies here that can tell me the dutch name of a hair rat.

I'm very sorry for my bad English, but I must confess that I didn't payed alot of attention during my English lessons at school!

Regards,
Berlin / Lindsay

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Hello from the Northeast

Hi Ladies,

My name is Susan and I live in Pennsylvania. I found FL when I was searching Marcel Waves. I read the topic on hairstyles and saw all your wonderful pictures...I was hooked! I joined a few days ago and waited (not so) patiently for my membership to be approved so I could actually respond to all the threads I've been reading. I guess somebody finally left the stage door unlocked, because here I am! lol (BTW Thanks LD!)

I'm sort of at a crossroads. I haven't really been investing in myself the past few years which is unlike me. I need a total makeover. I finally came to the realization that 1. I have to find some time/resources for me and 2. Maybe it's not so much that I'm lacking style...I just don't like current style. That's where you ladies will come in! LOL

I'm literally starting from the bottom up and will probably be taking baby steps, especially if I keep getting outbid on Ebay. Right now, I have 2 20's/30's boudior caps and that's IT. Unfortunately, I don't really have a flapper figure so I might dabble in other eras, the 40's are turning me on these days but I like the 50's too. Heck, I guess it's all good.

Oh, and a personal note to C-dot...your signature is rather inspirational...I DO need to get my style groove back and that means investing some effort. Also, sister...if you really do go to raid Inky's closet, I'm coming with ya! ;)

Thanks for allowing me to join.
I look forward to learning so much from each of you.

Inky

One Too Many
lol - if i start finding girls in my closet at least it would be a great way to make new friends!

welcome aboard ladies, one and all, the Powder Room and Beauty areas are my favorite hang outs, but there's good info in all sorts of nooks and crannies of the lounge.

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
Howdy ladies! My name is Jess and I live in Lafayette, Indiana. I'm newly married (almost 2 months!) and I'm just on the brink of turning 25. I've been in love with the Golden Era for as long as I can remember, and I'm happily settled into my vintage lifestyle with my husband in our 1920s bungalow. I love lindy, and for the past few years I've been learning other swing disciplines with my swing club. I'm a clothing designer and I freelance as a graphic designer/illustrator; I also work as a stylist and MUAH for photoshoots of all kinds, and work as a pinup/vintage model on occasion.

I enjoy eating good food, reading, listening to good music, watching movies and laughing at stupid jokes. I also like painting murals and meeting new people. Everyone in my town refers to me as "That 40s Girl" - haha! I'm excited to get to know all of you, my fellow vintage lifestyle lovers!

Please feel free to direct any sewing/clothing questions my way, or hair/makeup questions - I'd love to offer any help I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav