Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello,

My name is Florian, I´m 28 and I live in Germany. Well...I love 30s and 40s Swing and early Rhythm 'n' Blues. If you listen to this stuff... sooner or later you notice that those dudes also where incredible stylish. ;)

So far I only have only a few "real" vintage items like ties, poited collar shirts and stuff...but I'm looking forward to get dressed up in a more 30s style as soon as I can afford it.
I am also a student for graphic design/ illustration and collect art- and coffee table books dealing with golden era stuff.
I've really read some days (and nights) in this wonderful forum and enjoyed every picture and ever thread about all this details. I hope to find even more inspiration in future.
Here´s a vintage looking picture of me in a non-vintage suit :rolleyes:
florian7opt.jpg

* by

Flo

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Flat Foot Floey said:
Hello,

My name is Florian, I´m 28 and I live in Germany. Well...I love 30s and 40s Swing and early Rhythm 'n' Blues. If you listen to this stuff... sooner or later you notice that those dudes also where incredible stylish. ;)

So far I only have only a few "real" vintage items like ties, poited collar shirts and stuff...but I'm looking forward to get dressed up in a more 30s style as soon as I can afford it.
I am also a student for graphic design/ illustration and collect art- and coffee table books dealing with golden era stuff.
I've really read some days (and nights) in this wonderful forum and enjoyed every picture and ever thread about all this details. I hope to find even more inspiration in future.
Here´s a vintage looking picture of me in a non-vintage suit :rolleyes:
florian7opt.jpg

* by

Flo

Very nice! Welcome to the Lounge!

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
Many apologies, I only just found this thread :eusa_doh:

The name's Bryn and I'm a WWII re-enactor of some 20+ years experience. I started off portraying the german soldier, but now find myself concentrating on RAF aircrew, having also done my share of US army stuff. I found the forum whilst googling for 1936 pattern flying boots last year, but only joined up in the last week or two. The user name comes from the german nickname for US paratroopers, which was "Devils in baggy pants". I am an admin on a UK based WWII allied re-enactment forum, and I was an admin on the excellent US re-enactment forum until recently.

It's a fantastic site you have here, and I'm getting more and more drawn into all this vintage stuff :D

Bryn

Hello all! Another new member here who didn't discover this thread until today. [huh]

I suppose I should start with the basics. I'm male, currently 48 years of age, lived in the Los Angeles area of southern California all my life, and I've been married to the same lovely woman since August of 1981. Though I've been on the disabled list for the last four years, my employment history consists primarily of what would traditionally be considered "blue collar" jobs; as such, a new tee shirt and clean Levis are about as fashionable as I get on a regular basis (though I'm told I "clean up" nicely). Ask me a question and I'll give you an honest answer, even if that answer is "I don't know."

If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask. :)

Miztorif

New in Town
Old Newbie

Hi everyone,
Im an old newb...by this I mean Ive been here a while but have gotten sidetracked by life in the last few years.
In the last year I have Relocated from California to Oregon, then got a divorce and decided on a career change.
So now Im single (but a mom of 2) trying to get back to who I am and what I want to do (including being supermom) WHEW!
So I am going back to school to study to be an esthetician/ MUA- make up artist but I want to focus on vintage styling and skincare.
Im looking forward to getting back in the swing of things around here, which with work and school and kids might not be as often as Id like- but I really look forward to learning and getting to know everyone here.

Tori

Loren Taylor

New in Town
Hi ladies!
I've been creeping around here for so long, I thought it was about time I joined! My names Loren and I'm from Canada. I'm really happy I found the Fedora Lounge, I felt like the only one in my town (and highschool) who likes to dress vintage! Looking forward to many, many more posts!:)

Miztorif

New in Town
Hi Im Tori

Ive been a member since 2007- finally now have time to post again. Im in Bend oregon and love everything 30s to 50s- I just posted pics of my thrift finds in the thread Display Case.
Im going to be doing a career change and studying Esthetics/ and makeup- I want to specialize in vintage and pinup, starting at the end of March and I hope to open my own Retro/Vintage Salon.
I also have a small business Im trying to make a go of selling stuff Ive made, my link is in my profile if you want to see. Im looking forward to learning alot and meeting new people who have the same interests as me :)

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
Hi from Toronto!

Hi everyone!

I am new here, and was so excited to find this lounge! Your expertise has been so helpful for me and I really enjoy seeing everyone's own personal style!

I live in Toronto, Ontario (anyone from the T-Dot here????) and love everything vintage, but my obsession goes all the way back to the regency time period...love anything Jane Austen!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

Mary

Nora Mae

New in Town
Hello again!

Hello ladies --

I was stopping in quite frequently just shy of a year ago, then got far too busy with school to even think about fashion or wear anything except cotton dresses and practical shoes. Now I'm taking a semester off and am ready to reinvest in style (annoyingly, probably just to get my basics set for next semester). The new to vintage fashion thread was absolutely fabulous, and am excited to see what-else I've missed not logging on in a while...

I'm likely to lurk quite a bit, but think its only fair for everyone to know who is reading the conversations, so on that note: I'm a student and non-profit worker in the San Francisco Bay Area, am just learning how to sew and interested in finding patterns I can modify to my size, and I really love Besame and Fluevog's vintage inspired anything, though just found my perfect red in the current Nars collection. I'm particularly interested in 38-42, though my wardrobe (entirely vintage inspired, no real vintage)doesn't particularly matches the era.

Looking forward to chatting with you all,
Nora

Sincerely-Dee

One of the Regulars
Hello!
I'm a brand new member here.:D

I'm from London and I'm currently in college studying to be a legal secretary.

I've been interested in vintage things ever since I was a child, obviously now I know more about these these "old things" and why they're so amazing.

I've come across this site many times before but never thought to join - no idea why not. Then the thought hit me; why not join? So here I am.

I honestly don't know what was stopping me before as this site is more than amazing!

squirrel_leigh

New in Town
Pleased as punch to meet y'all! I'm Leigh, housewife by day and photographer's assistant by... errrr... well, also by day. And often evening. And occasionally middle of the night. I love to cook and bake with a devoted obsession, and couldn't be happier to be here with all y'all gorgeous thangs! I'll try my best not to be too much of a shrinking violet, and thanks so much for giving us such a great place to gather!

squirrel_leigh

New in Town
Heya y'all!

Trying to break my silence today, and not act like such a shrinking violet. It's just so great to make y'all's acquaintance like this, I couldn't be more delighted to find a place like this! I'm Leigh, a housewifey sort who just obsesses over cooking and baking, and I also work out of my house as a photographer's girl Friday. Since she specializes in pin up and vintage photography, I even get lucky enough to play model for her from time to time (an experience that always leaves me as astonished feeling as a carp looks)!

Tickled pink to be here, and with luck I'll get on famously with the whole gang!

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Hi from London!

Well, I found FL a couple of weeks ago, registered and jumped right in! I posted this elsewhere but as a late introduction:

With regards to vintage clothing and stuff I have flirted around the fringes for as long as I can remember; DJ's, dress shirts and detachable stiff collars, silk scarves and black jeans were a staple going out on the town rig when I was in my teens, with denim battle dress, og shirts, navy No 8 shirts, bundeswehr shirts surplus etc for casual wear etc. I have never been able to pass by a surplus store without going in for as long as the invariably grumpy owners allow! I have spent far too much time and money in general vintage clothes stores and charity shops on all sorts of good, bad and indifferent clobber over the years! I have always had a bit of a thing for hats, bush jackets and especially flying jackets. 20 years ago I thought I might make a living from it - I worked for a while for Flip/Mash on the Avirex UK set up - I even wrote to Jeff Clyman for a job in NYC. He actually replied too! I eventually worked for the Cockpit Clothing Co in Southampton for a short while. I have read some nice things about our Irvin replicas on here which, for for their time, were good. Alas, that didn't last. I had to get a proper job!

I have kind of rambled and wandered my way into Fedora Lounge by way of a bit of re-enacting, general interest in vintage clothes, aviation and exploration, certain films,of course, and a gradual reawakening of a latent desire to know what it is to walk a mile in the shoes of giants like Bagnold, Shaw, Almazy, Chapman Andrews et al. This is where my true adventuring nature lies - I really want to find Zerzura... I think my spiritual home is Shepheard's! For some reason I love the open ocean and empty deserts - perhaps because I suffered with Hay Fever as a kid - there is no pollen at sea or in the desert!

All my best and most treasured stuff and fantasies are old to one degree or other - not all strictly vintage or golden era but hark back one way or another...nearly all my heroes are dead and much of what was possible for them is almost unattainable in the modern world. So much for progress then. Perhaps that's not true - parhaps they were just better men and women. Or maybe just different with different opportunities and challenges. Hmm - that is a question worth debate in its own right.

Last year I tried to drive my 1980 Ford Capri to Mongolia and back for charity and soon I am going to drive to the Pyramids and back but that is another story ... but I hope to adopt some FL style along the way!

My avatar is me ... in the Arabian desert a couple of summers ago.

Thanks!

Speedbird

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
Greetings Ladies and Gents!
I finally joined the Lounge after a couple of years of snooping around(I didn't have the qualifying email address until now). I'm a former Art School kid who got into vintage because it was cheap and cool. I've always been into old stuff and history. Some of my favorite films are of course the Indy Jones films, The English Patient, Lawrence of Arabia, etc. I'm a dreamer with a strong current of Wanderlust running through me. I was in the Peace Corps and lived in Tanzania from 2000-2003.
I discovered the Lounge when I started exploring hats and fedoras. I tend to wear Newsboys more often, because they're more casual and easier to maintain, but just bought an Akubra off Ebay. Since moving to Vermont a couple years ago, I've gotten into hunting and fishing, and trying to take advantage of all the outdoor stuff I can here. I'm 32 now and I have 6 year old son, who I take fishing and camping, and someday will take him hunting. I'm thrilled to have found this Forum, as I was thrilled to find Badger&Blade when I started straight razor shaving a few years ago.
I look forward to being part of the Forum, and learning and sharing here with all you members out there! Thanks!

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
Well hello there. I hadn´t found this thread before, so i´ll just copy & paste my first introduction here so you can get to know me:

So, Henry (Enrique really, also known as Kaonashi and Henry Potter), 27, mexican, tall and veeeeeery slim, accountant, got a master degree (Finances), part time teacher at my local university, and, of course a hat collector.

Mostly i collect military visor hats, and found this forum searching for people with my same interest, and I was really anxious to show my collection to some ppl, so here it is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaonashisalbum/

they´re mostly US Army visor hats, some mexican too and also some uniforms which now take a good part of the space in my closet and bedroom.
(I know presentation needs improvement), please, please leave comments, I´ve got some others hats now, and I´m always looking for "new" ones...

Funny though, when I was young i didn´t like any kind of hat/cap at all,then while studying my career i began wearing caps (mostly nike baseball caps), then switched to newsboy caps, then began collecting military hats, but since i can´t wear those outside and wanted something new I eventually got a hat (kind of a fedora, cotton, cheap), then they become 2... 4.. and I´m actually expecting my first "almost serious" purchase, hopefully I´ll get photos soon... but since I´m in the northern part of Mexico, I can hardly find any hat that´s not a cowboy hat (or texanas as I´ve heard them be called sometimes), so, basicly I know almost nothing about hats, that´s why I was very pleased to find a forum like this, I´m really looking forward to what it has to offer.

Kaonashi.

P.S.: Sorry if my grammar and structure aren´t perfect, I always try my best!! :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy