Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

lostinthe50's

New in Town
Hello all!!

Hello all for the great state of Indiana. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Scott and I have a love of all things vintage. I love the music, furniture, clothing, and most of all I love the way that people would gather and befriend each other. I was born in the 1970's but still had a family whom would get together (when family actually meant something). Nowaday's people act as if it is all about me, me, me.....

Maybe I am just a sucker for the good ole days, but lets think about how the world would be a better better place if people actually cared about their family, neighbors, and friends.

I have been looking around this site for a couple of months and find the people friendly, smart, and wise. I would like to thank you all for the hours of enjoyment which you have passed on with your post's and photo's. Keep it coming and I hope to make many friends on here...

My all of you have a wonderful and blessed day.

Your new found vintage styled friend.
Scott:rolleyes:

Drappa

One Too Many
Hello everyone,

just thought I'd say hello:) I have loved clothes since I was little and have been through different phases. I also sew and quilt (geek alert) and have re-discovered vintage, especially the 40's and 50's.
I live in Hampshire with my husband, two cats and a dog, but am originally from Germany.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
After one year of lurking around I finally registered.

I´m a 24 year old from Germany and a graphic design student. My passion for vintage started with old cars when I was a kid. Later I discovered the style of Miss Monroe and even more years later started to like modern Rockabilly fashion. I never thought I could wear something that feminine, though. Two years ago I finally gave it a try and totally fell in love with it. Since then my wardrobe is changing a bit. I found the lounge while searching for vintage hairstyles.
I´m into 40s and 50s fashion. I LOVE 50s illustration and old horror movies and enjoy music from the 20s to the 50s (and nearly all kinds of metal).

Quixote

New in Town
Greetings from the far North.

I am a young, self-proclaimed eccentric. I have always had a taste for stylish things and a yearning for the old times. I feel that I was born a century too late. I am an artist, and an amateur collector of antiquarian books and random curiosities that catch my eye. If I am given two options, I tend to gravitate towards the one I perceive more classy, no matter how much more expensive or outlandish that might be.

My username is, of course derived from the character of Don Quixote, or Quijote. The adjective 'quixotic' means 'caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuit of unreachable goals; idealistic without regard to practicality' or 'capricious, impulsive', which do describe me quite well.

Nice to meet you all.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Many of you know me....some do not...

I'm Nashoba. Most call me Nash. I was pretty active round these parts then life stepped in. I'm just quietly slip back into the Lounge and saying hello to some old friends. I'll be around a bit more I think. I've kinda missed this place :)

Asdf

New in Town
My name's Amy, I'm sixteen and I'm fairly new around here... I would have posted to this thread first if I had known it existed lol

...I live in north-west Britain, and occasionally get a few funny looks from people for dressing vintage :rolleyes:

xx

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nashoba said:
I'm Nashoba. Most call me Nash. I was pretty active round these parts then life stepped in. I'm just quietly slip back into the Lounge and saying hello to some old friends. I'll be around a bit more I think. I've kinda missed this place :)

Welcome back! You have been missed. I hope all is well with you.

WH1

Practically Family
Nashoba said:

Nashoba
Long time no see.
How is the life of a Marine spouse treating you?
Hope we will see you around here some more.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Aww Gents, you're too kind to me. I've missed y'all too.

It's definitely treating me WH1. He's home for the moment. Picked up rank and transferred us to the Division. Which means another deployment on the horizon, but he'll be home for a while yet.

Darkangel

New in Town
Hello

Hi,

I'm new. Been a bit of a lurker for a while but have have decided to finally sign up.

I love all the threads about vintage clothing and hairstyles (been picking up some great tips :) ) and I look forward to making some (online) friends here. :)

Phoenix_400

New in Town
Howdy from down south ways!

Greetings everyone. I'm new here, well a new poster anyway. Been a lurker here off and on over the years.

I rarely wear hats. Cowboy hats and ball caps were the norm back home in 'Bama. Never cared much for ball caps and cowboy hats just look ridiculous on me with the wide brims. Spent some time in the army wearing berets, patrol caps, and boonie hats. I took a real shine to the boonie hats with the smaller all around brim. That started it.

I've always loved the look of fedoras. Never had a good reason to wear one though. Of course now I realize you never need a reason to wear a fedora. I recently joined a parade unit that dresses up like the Blues Brothers and got my 1st fedora. Its pretty much unstoppable now. Just ordered a couple of straw fedoras for summer. I think I'm hooked.

Just started a new job a couple of weeks ago. I'm out of jeans and t-shirt jobs and into something a little dressier. I've decided fedoras are gonna be 'my thing'. :)
D_Blues_mod.jpg

My new Run A Muck Free Spirit fedora (Jaxon C Crown should be here later this week) :D

Runamuck1.jpg

runamuck4-1.jpg

EDIT: Apologies to the mods for having to move my post. I musta blown right past the sticky thread for new intros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW