Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the new ladies I've seen around the lounge! Please let us know a little about yourself, like how you found the lounge, what your favorite eras are, etc. I love learning about new people!

Welcome again, ladies!
Hi!
I know your post says "ladies" but the thread says "and gents" so I figured this would be a good place for my "dévoilement."
I'm a 20-year-old groom-to-be who loves history and travel. I found TFL when I was looking for a hat online (surprise-surprise) and instantly got caught up in it as my family has always either written about history or were making it!
My favourite era would be difficult to specify, as I like some things from most any era. I think I would have to say the 20s-30s-40s, despite two wars and the great depression... It was an era of exploration, adventure, education, and yet through all that they still hadn't yet lost that air of bravery, chivalry, honor... PANACHE
Yea, they may have been difficult days, but in many ways they were some of the best decades in American history!

Last edited:

Romamor4

Familiar Face
Hi!
I know your post says "ladies" but the thread says "and gents" so I figured this would be a good place for my "dévoilement."
I'm a 20-year-old groom-to-be who loves history and travel. I found TFL when I was looking for a hat online (surprise-surprise) and instantly got caught up in it as my family has always either written about history or were making it!
My favourite era would be difficult to specify, as I like some things from most any era. I think I would have to say the 20s-30s-40s, despite two wars and the great depression... It was an era of exploration, adventure, education, and yet through all that they still hadn't yet lost that air of bravery, chivalry, honor... PANACHE
Yea, they may have been difficult days, but in many ways they were some of the best decades in American history!

Welcome, Roving_Bohemian! I'm pretty new here too, but am happy to see lovers of history and the like!

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
Introductions

Hello - I'm a 44 year old man who was born in the wrong decade. I have always loved the '20's, '30's & '40's. I know, from speaking with folks who lived that era, that those were tough times. But they were also good times. I think this was the last time the country had real style - architecture, clothing, movies, cars. You name it. I love Art Deco design.

I found this site like so many others probably have - searching for info on Fedoras. I just purchased my first - a modest brown teardrop style with turned down brim from Miller Hats. I love the way I feel when I wear it! I like it so much that I ordered a matching hat in black the day after I received it. It should arrive this Thursday.

I had no idea there were so many folks like me - folks who like hats! I honestly feel we lost something when men & women stopped wearing hats. I know nothing about hats, so I plan to lurk here - learning all I can. I would like to eventually purchase a couple of really nice hats, but want to do my due diligence first.

Semper Fi -

William "Seth" Hawkins

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Welcome to the Lounge Seth. You'll not find a nicer more knowledgeable group of folks anywhere on the internet. I see you're from NC. Same for me, in the eastern part of the state.

Hello - I'm a 44 year old man who was born in the wrong decade. I have always loved the '20's, '30's & '40's. I know, from speaking with folks who lived that era, that those were tough times. But they were also good times. I think this was the last time the country had real style - architecture, clothing, movies, cars. You name it. I love Art Deco design.

I found this site like so many others probably have - searching for info on Fedoras. I just purchased my first - a modest brown teardrop style with turned down brim from Miller Hats. I love the way I feel when I wear it! I like it so much that I ordered a matching hat in black the day after I received it. It should arrive this Thursday.

I had no idea there were so many folks like me - folks who like hats! I honestly feel we lost something when men & women stopped wearing hats. I know nothing about hats, so I plan to lurk here - learning all I can. I would like to eventually purchase a couple of really nice hats, but want to do my due diligence first.

Semper Fi -

William "Seth" Hawkins

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Semper Fi -

William "Seth" Hawkins

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge, Doc.

Tuesday_Next

Familiar Face
This is my first post -- but....

Hello! I have been thinking about how best to introduce myself and I guess the best way to describe me is "a girl out of time". I'm hoping that suggests that I embrace the best of the past while still living in the modern world -- for better or worse.

I've been slowing inching towards a more authentic vintage look for years. Vintage looks suit me better I think. I love the music of big bands. I've always wanted to learn to swing dance. I was once told that my lunch even looked vintage. I guess it was only a matter of time before I fully embraced it and came out of lurking here on The Fedora Lounge.

---Ana

Welcome to all the new members!

Don't forget that as you post on the Fedora Lounge you will become a "vested" member at 15 posts.

That opens up some areas to you such as the ability to send and receive PM's (private messages).

The Events Section is then a good one to check now and again to see what is going on or post something you've heard about that has some type of vintage theme.

Enjoy!

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
Welcome to all the new members!

Don't forget that as you post on the Fedora Lounge you will become a "vested" member at 15 posts.

That opens up some areas to you such as the ability to send and receive PM's (private messages).

The Events Section is then a good one to check now and again to see what is going on or post something you've heard about that has some type of vintage theme.

Enjoy!

Thanks for that info, John. I was wondering why there was no option for me to send Old Rogue a PM. Now I know.

Steven from the northeast here. I travel back and forth quite a bit twixt Portland Maine and Falmouth Massachusetts on CapeCod.

As many others have, I stumbled upon the Lounge while looking for info on Hats and suits and while I have no illusions of climbing the retro haute couture heights reached by some of the other patrons here, I do have an interest in Clothing, Literature, Film and Pop culture of the past.

Books: Old mystery's: Hammett, Christie, McDonald, Chandler Etc
Music: 20's & 30's Blues, Country & Jazz (Roots Music in general)
Films: Screwball Comedies, Silents (Gotta love the Internet Archive), William Powell (Was he really drunk all the time or just paving the way for Dean Martin?)
Travel: took until I was 50 to really explore our wonderful USofA. The past 12 months have led me to Philly, DC, SF(And Mendicino to Big Sur), and now just back from Sedona & Scottsdale/Phoenix AZ
Attempting to Looking "good" on a extremely tight budget.

Anyways, Hi Y'all. I'll be right over there by the door. TTFN

Johnny Dollar

New in Town
hello,

johnny dollar here, back after a long hiatus.
i live outside of baltimore, maryland - recently moved into a 1954 ranch house and am restoring it to period (more or less).

i have a fairly sizable hat collection, although these days i'm more likely to be sporting my straw hats and aloha shirts instead of a suit. maybe i'll grow up someday. i also used to have a sizable military helmet collection - i have pared that down over the years... i still want to assemble a wwii european theater uniform someday. and probably a pacific theater uniform, probably navy since my grandfather served in the pacific on an LST.

oh, also plan on assembling a 1950's-era polynesian/tiki bar in my house once the other renovations are finished.

anyways, just wanted to say hi.

j$

motorpsycho67

Familiar Face
Hello, glad to be here.

Name is Chris and I live in Los Angeles, which is where I grew up.... mostly. Have also lived in Germany and Australia, and been to quite a few other spots around the globe.

I've been wearing vintage since the mid 80s, but don't wear it near as much as I did back then. Vintage was in abundance in the 80s and could be had pretty darn cheap. In fact, most of the vintage that I have now was purchased in the late 80s to mid 90s. It's seems to be fairly difficult to find quality vintage these days, at least in brick and mortar shops, which is what brought me here. I've decided to start dressing like an adult again.. (haha). But, I don't care for modern dress clothes at all.

What I'm looking for is a place to buy late 50s suits and/or have them made. The only suitmaker I've found so far is Thick As Thieves. I also search eBay regularly, but haven't had any luck.

Anyhoo, that's all I've got for now.

P.S. If anyone has a pair of deadstock Florsheim 5 nail/V cleat longwings in black, size 8.5E, I've got a pair in 9D for trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic