Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

alladin

Familiar Face
Hi,

I'm a newbie, so hello everyone. I have been lurking around for some time and enjoy reading the posts on this forum especially the ones on leather jackets. I finally decided to join the forum after it was regularly referred to on another clothing forum.

Last edited:

Rosina Lee

New in Town
Kiaora , My name is Melanie aka Rosina Lee , I'm 28, married and live in New Zealand. I've been a long time lurker for a couple of years and have found FL a wonderful source of informatin and inspiration. Outside of work ( preschool teacher) I indulge in swing dancing, teaching and performing burlesque, thrifting etc. I adore the 40's and 50's and some of the earlier 60's. This is reflected in my collection of clothing, homewares and music, We have just purchased our forst home and I'm currently transforming it into my 50's dream home. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing our thoughts and knowledge.
Aroha Nui.
XX Rosina Lee

http://rosinalee.blogspot.com/

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
Hi, found this site by accident a while ago, lurked a bit and decided to join. My love of the good times is basixcally in gadgets, especially tube radios which I am acquiring a large number of them. I love the design of everything back in the day from radios, autos, fashion, etc. I'm not the most chatty on the block but am glad I signed up here, very swingin place!!

Darren van Ek

New in Town
I all, clearly my name is Darren, I have a strong interest in the 40's and 50's mainly the machinery such as Steam trains and lorries, and the buildings from the era, also think it was a good time when people actually made an effort to dress and look the part. I don't think we will ever see it again but its nice to look back on it.

Look forward to learning more through this forum

Darren

carolina

New in Town
Hello, I am Carolina, in Oregon, and I have just joined the Lounge! I make various sorts of sewn hats.......and I am an artist with a big interest in sketching all sorts of stuff! Just last week after a fancy dress event, I realized that I am over Schlumpy Clothing and I want to get into Lookin' Good!! ...but still will forgo the girdles and makeup...that is too much for me.....

ManicMagpie

New in Town
Greetings and Salutations of the Season!!!---

I've been a lurker here on and off for years, and joined briefly at one time as "Hat Chick" yet can't seem to log in. Since I am known for talking, and my love of baubles, I'm a Magpie. A Manic Magpie!
I share a love of the past, 20's thru WWII and the 40's mostly... Leaking into the 60's as well. The 50's are cool, I just know less about them. The 70's and 80's are now considered "vintage" by many, but a resurgence of my childhood years just makes my forty years seem old. Due to a lack of funding, and a dire lack of closet space, I don't own much vintage clothing. Hats I have a lot of, some gems hidden among them. My long hair I recently lost, cut into a chin length bob.... And I love it! I can't do as much with it, but it flatters my vintage face. Now to find a way to make greying hair look better. ;) I hate Roots with a passion, so dye jobs seem to be out as I have terrible luck finding a dye that isn't going to permanently cover my grey. If I did that my roots would show a lot. I need something that washes out but isn't just Manic Panic. Although my grey does make for interesting highlights, having tried Special Effects dye over my black/grey giving me purple highlights. I could do that again but it's so very messy.

See? Manic babble is my forté and I apologize.

I hope to learn from y'all and possibly share some of my knowledge as well. I love to sew, play with beads, makeup, and cats. I recently began making (blank) books out of leather and am pursuing that hobby currently. I may have to start selling them on Etsy or something!

My other hobby used to include Medieval Recreation (SCA) focussing on the Italian Renaissance. If anyone has a question about the European middle ages up to about 1600 I should be able to get you an answer.
I say "used to" only because the events are usually overnight camping style and my back injury (paraplegic) has made camping a big hassle, especially since my hubby has a painful neck injury. (We have terrible luck with cars.) Since many of these camping events mean significant driving to even arrive, we've been slackers.

So my tiny closet has a 1940's wrap blouse hanging next to a medieval viking outfit. Sort of like my music tastes; alphabetically Mötörhead goes next to Mozart. Quite eclectic and inclusive. I love a wide variety of music, and I don't mind most.

Now you know too much. If you are still reading you are a brave soul! Thank you.

Hope to be of service, I have loved reading this forum for years, it's about time I officially and effectively joined.

--Juliana

lynnequintana

New in Town
Hi everyone! It's Lynne here! I love vintage clothing, it’s like jumping in a time machine and it never goes out of style! :cool:

Hope to make new friends here! See you around! :)

charminglane

New in Town
Hello, I am Helen and just joined today.
I have an old soul and a vintage aesthetic. Born outside Philadelphia, I purchased a home in Monrovia, California~a Cotswold Cottage of 1929 vintage.
I am 45, a Reference Librarian, Cataloger, and Finance Assistant at the Altadena Library.
My friends call me the Libationarian, as I also bartend.

Last edited:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I have an old soul and a vintage aesthetic. Born outside Philadelphia, I purchased a home in Monrovia, California~a Cotswold Cottage of 1929 vintage.
I am 45, a Reference Librarian, Cataloger, and Finance Assistant at the Altadena Library.

Books and Hooch. :)

Welcome!

NanaJen

New in Town
Hi everyone, I'm Jen... Another lurker who finally joined! Mostly a 40s lover, but can swing a decade either way :)

I love love love knitting and sewing my own clothes, film noir and swing (just recently started going to a few 40s dance events round my way in England so trying to learn some steps!). Thoroughly enjoying The Lounge, it's completely inspiring!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many

Welcome aboard Helen. Seems we Philly area Loungers lost a good one....

Kenny.S

New in Town
I'm Kenny. I just joined the other day. I love the site, everything is so classic! Its great to know there are still people out there who appreciate vintage stuff. Just when I thought class, and etiquette were dead, I stumbled upon this place :)

CinnamonCinders

New in Town
Hi all,

I've just joined the Lounge after having a really good nosey into all the fabulous threads already up.

I enjoy making vintage style clothes and am currently attempting to teach myself to knit with a vintage pattern. My main fashion interest is the Dior New Look and silhouettes inspired by it.

Aside from the fashion, I enjoy listening to a lot of different musical styles from the era. I'd love to start attending dance lessons, but finding a dance partner in my local area is proving a challenge.

I also love classic flicks and am enthralled with how glamourous the Hollywood starlets were.

I've very recently moved to Wales from London, so I'm still adjusting to the sheer drop in available events and facilities for the vintage lover which is why I've joined the Lounge, so I can stay inspired with new gladrag projects.

I look forward to hopefully getting to know some of you better :)

59KUSTOM

New in Town
OK! I've been lurking for awhile & figured it was time to introduce myself. I'm a Rockabilly guy doing my best to live a vintage lifestyle in this modern world. I collect Tiki, Traditional Hot Rod & Kustom stuff, Diner stuff, photos of forgotten WWII servicemen, Kitchenware, Barware, Vintage Clothes, etc. I listen to Rockabilly, Doo Wop, Swing, Lounge & Blues. I own my own business selling Traditional Hot Rod & Kustom parts & I drive a mild kustom '59 Impala.
Thanks for listening,
Rick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ