Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Hello everyone. Like a number of the other newbies I found the Fedora Lounge by accident. As a kid my grandmother kept me whenever I was out of school. One of the local TV stations ran an old movie every morning and I found that I really liked them. I don't have nearly the knowledge of the 40's that I've seen in here, but I've always been a big Bogart fan and am really anxious to see some of the movies that I've been reading about in the Film Noir thread.

Hello everyone. Like a number of the other newbies I found the Fedora Lounge by accident. As a kid my grandmother kept me whenever I was out of school. One of the local TV stations ran an old movie every morning and I found that I really liked them. I don't have nearly the knowledge of the 40's that I've seen in here, but I've always been a big Bogart fan and am really anxious to see some of the movies that I've been reading about in the Film Noir thread.

If you are interested in Film Noir some of the threads have links to a number of websites for information on Film Noir.

Enjoy!

Justin B

One Too Many
I suppose even though I've posted elsewhere first I should go ahead and introduce myself here. My name is Justin and I live in Plano Texas, a suburb of Dallas. I've always had a penchent for vintage things, starting with cars and other gadgets...but has progressed from there. I have a great many hobbies, more than I ccan list here without wearing my fingers out. Hope to get to know you fine folks here and look forward to being a part of the community.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Just found this thread and thought I'd introduce myself! I'm Lina, I currently live in Southampton, England, but I'm originally from Sweden. I love the 40s/50s when it comes to fashion and design. When it comes to music I like it a little earlier (even though to be honest, I also love modern electroswing!). I love swing music in general, but haven't as yet got out there and done any dancing lessons or gone to any events! But this year I hope to go to some events, even if I can't really dance yet! As the rest of you, I love hats and am always on the lookout for a fabulous 40s hat!

I love that I found the lounge while just randomly browsing, it's such an inspiring place! :) seeing as I don't really have any "real life" friends who are into vintage, it's great to find a place to discuss these things without boring people to death!

Hello to all of the new members!

Just a couple of quick things, at 15 posts you become a full member and you can send and receive PM's (Private Messages) and keep in mind a short post counts the same as a long one.

Previously until you have hit the 15 posts level there were some other areas that you did not see. I am not sure but the EVENTS section was one like that.. The Events Section is under the Community area. It comes up just under the Observation Bar in most displays. You can go through the list and see if there is anything happening in your area or you can post a thread on an event that you know of and want to make others aware of too. Please note that we are trying to keep the thread header in a format for consistency so look at other threads too see the set up for that. When you post about an event it should be with some type of VINTAGE theme.

I also wanted to let you all know that in the events section we are starting to plan for the "2011 Adventure Aboard the Queen Mary" for a weekend in May of 2011 in Long Beach CA which is the Los Angeles area of Southern California. This is an annual event where we try to get members from all over to visit the Southern California area. In many ways this event is almost like the annual "convention" for the Fedora Lounge. I believe it goes back 8 years (or more) and is one of the longest running annual Fedora Lounge events. Our local members have kept up this tradition every year. Originally it was an October / November event but was moved to May to try to eliminate bad timing conflicts with other events.

I hope you make enough posts to get to the section and read about this very fun event as well as others listed there! Another place to look at is the Steamer Trunk section there you can see pictures of all sorts of travels, adventures and events. You can find some pix of the various visits and events aboard the Queen Mary there and lots of other postings from around the global vintage devotees.

Best wishes!

Last edited:

Desert_Rat

New in Town
Hello!

Thought I would let you all know how amazing this place is! My name is Harley and I am a wildland firefighter in Idaho. I found this place by accident while researching the Golden Years. I learned how to drive using a 49' Ford F3 truck at 12 (even had a suicide knob that bit me from time to time). I hope to get to know you all soon!

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
Good evening all, My name is Rich, I'm 39 and I found this site while looking for information on what to look for in a quality fedora. Found it!

Great forum, actually it is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. Lots of members, with lots of interests, makes for a pleasurable read.

When I'm not hat hunting, I'm working with hot glass (Lampworking), flying kites, tending to a small tank of live corals, or tweaking my TV and audio systems.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Feel like a new guy again, it's been too long since I was here last. Lots of family illnesses, but hopefully everyone is on the mend. Good to see so many familiar folks still here, thanks to Diamondback for reminding me to get back here. [so now you know who to blame]

rue

Feel like a new guy again, it's been too long since I was here last. Lots of family illnesses, but hopefully everyone is on the mend. Good to see so many familiar folks still here, thanks to Diamondback for reminding me to get back here. [so now you know who to blame]

Any friend of Mr. DB is a friend of mine. So, welcome back from a (sorta) newbie :)

Warped in storage

New in Town
A quick hello to one and all on this amazing forum i have stumbled across

isn,t it amazing where a love of tweed an hats a few loose hours and a high speed broad band connection can get you !

anyway i,m Gary a late thirtysomething man who has that nagging feeling i am not quite living in the correct era .

work for the Beeb (BBC) for my sins must be all those costume dramas that are to blame ha ha

anyway enough of the old flannel

hello all an ttfn :-]

Gary

Magnus Pym

New in Town
Good Evening folks, my name is David, 27 and I'm from Ireland.

I've been lurking around here on and off for a couple of years now, first sparked by a burgeoning interest in hats, then coats.. then well.. you get the picture.

Unfortunately I'm not living in the most open minded part of the world and even my simple flatcap has provoked some odd responses.. so I guess it will be interesting to see how they react to the Fedora I've got my eye on :)

Aside from the clothing thing, I've long had an interest in the 1920's-50's era - mainly due to the great music, the cinema and literature of the time.

Most recently I've fallen in love with early jazz & calypso recordings - which in turn prompted me to pick up a Plectrum Banjo that I'm now slowly getting to grips with.

I also have a childlike fascination with things like vintage cameras and mechanical watches, and with a bit of luck there'll soon be one on my wrist.

I have a terribly long way to go before I can dress with even one tenth of the style you folks so regularly display, but hopefully I'll get there eventually.

This really seems like a great little place and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Sorry for the rambling post
- Dave

diaboliq

New in Town
Hey guys.. Im new in here and stumbled upon this wonderful forum of yours while looking for some infos about barbour jackets (which I own 4; 2 Bedales in sage and black, one Wax flyer in black and the Border in navy). The name is Joe, I'm 27, interior designer and law student from Croatia, working a lot with leather (making straps -- diaboliqstraps). After being a member of various watch and car forums, I can't believe I found one with topics I love the most. Vintage, vintage and some more vintage style, books, cars and other random items. not to forget my favorite - leather stuff. Straps, belts, shoes, JACKETS -- and especially wax and leather jackets (basically I buy more jackets than jeans anyways). So hope I'm welcome and let's get going. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo