Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

vintagedancer

New in Town
Welcome Pam. I am originally from the bay area and my moms family is from Larkspur. They built a farm house in 1908 there. Wish we still had it but we did save a lot of furniture from the 20s.

I love the 40's and 50's to. Do you sew from vintage patterns or reproduction patterns? I usually sew from reproduction patterns but right now I am working on an easy no pattern pattern for a 1940's dress that I will add to my ebook. It's a challenge but I am sure plenty of people in the 40's had to create dresses without patterns so I should be able to figure it out.

Please share some pictures of your 40's wardrobe. I am sure we would all love to admire them here. Welcome!

Jay-ninja

New in Town
Newbie - Says Hello

Hi All,

I just joined the forum, Wasn't where to post a hello so posted it here.

I'm a big fan of leather jackets and I guess a bit of a retro biker dude.

Looking forward to being part of the forum.

[video=vimeo;22816833]http://vimeo.com/22816833[/video]

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hey, welcome! There's lots of leather jacket discussions going on here, in the Outerwear forum. How many jackets do you own, and what kinds are they?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Silly me, I just found this thread.
I've never introduced myself, I just jumped right in.
I'm 41 from the town that has Graceland, Beale Street, and a big goofy Pyramid.
I have a 1929 Essex "super six" 5 passenger sedan that I made into a streetrod.
As a fan of old movies, I was blessed to find someone that shared that interest in 2002.
Between the two of us, we have a good collection of old tv shows and movies.
I also enjoy a good wine, and old radio shows, not to mention my 80's metal. Well I can't help myself...I grew up on it. :)

Jay-ninja

New in Town
Hey, welcome! There's lots of leather jacket discussions going on here, in the Outerwear forum. How many jackets do you own, and what kinds are they?

Hi and glad to be here. Glad my post was moved to the right place.

I have a real passion for the classic Trials style jackets made by Belstaff and Barbour. See below. I just need a classic 1960's Triumph now !!

me2.jpg

Last edited:

Flora the Great

New in Town
Hi guys,

My name is Flora, I'm 32 (or at least I will be tomorow), and I live in Lyon France. I'm interested in the 30's, 40's but mainly 50's because I've always been a fan of MGM musicals since I can remember but I must say the movies, fashion, design and lifestyle of this area just appeal to me a lot more than the present one.^^

I've discovered this forum over a year ago but I only recently started to look for everyday vintage clothes (or at least vintage copies) which is why I finally registered.

I've had some experience in reenactment companies and I know sometimes the barrier between "true" reenactors and people inspiring their style from a particular period is sometimes hard to breach so I will only say that I am here to exchange and learn more on the subject and that I have no particular goal other than enjoying the process.;)

Other than that I'm a film lover, I enjoy comics, I love Jazz and Heavy Metal concerts (not incompatible), history, traditional french cuisine, tapdancing and many other geek things... :eek::D

Sam Davidow

New in Town
Hi, my name is Sam, I've been collecting 40's and 50's clothes since 1985, mostly ties. Long time lurker, new poster, great to meet you folks.
SS851958.JPG

Blonde

New in Town
Hello, they call me Mimi. I live in the UK. My main interests involve reproductions of '20s - '50s women's fashions, especially that of couture design. As well as the magic art of the coiffure. I was a lurker a couple of years ago, and decided to finally join.

Smumo

New in Town
Hello. I'm new. I've always been fascinated with the 40's and 50's (although earlier in the 50's rather than later) and I guess it never occurred to me that I could actually dress that way until my husband bought me a nice shirt dress. I'm in love. I also have bright teal hair, so I'm a little afraid about maybe being cast out of the community for not being "true enough" or something.

I hope that y'all will let me hang around.

I'm enjoying reading everything and learning more.

Nickola

New in Town
Hello. I'm new but I've been a lurker for a while. (I know, I know. :p) My favourite eras are the 1940's 50's and early 60's. I've always been fascinated with the past. I hope I can get and give some insight on things and look forward to being a part of this community. :)

Melissa Collett

New in Town
Hi y'all, my name is Melissa. I'm 25 and living with my husband of 5 years, our 2 cats (Monster & Belle), and our dog Maverick. We live in southeastern Wisconsin. I've always been drawn to every vintage but never put much though into till about 4 months ago when I noticed every post I clicked on, on a crafting site for clothing was all made from vintage patterns or vintage inspired patterns.

A year ago we bought a late 20's early 30's home that was converted into a duplex at some point. We are cleaning up the home from all the tenant abuse and trying to keep with a light vintage theme.

King Mixer

New in Town
Hello all. My name is Steve. I live in Westchester County, NY with my wife and daughter. I've always enjoyed reading TFL and decided it was time to join in. This is a great community with a lot of fun, intelligent and interesting people in it!

rotebander

New in Town
Hello! I'm sixteen, and I've been in love with all things 40s and 50s for as long as I can remember. I love looking on here, whether it's to glean information for my writing, cultivating my fashion sense, or just great fun. Since there are so many knowledgeable and kind people, it's time for me to finally pitch in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points